3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Going to get rid of Ginger...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 08:51 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jnellydodge
You made the right choice on keeping your truck IMO. Now as to your choice of camo on a red truck....lol well to each their own i'll leave it at that.
Eh, gotta agree here.
Camo looks better on a green or black truck.

Red is too much contrast.

UNLESS.
You want to paint your truck Blaze Orange then do Mossy Oak rockers.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:55 PM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Eh, gotta agree here.
Camo looks better on a green or black truck.

Red is too much contrast.

UNLESS.
You want to paint your truck Blaze Orange then do Mossy Oak rockers.
Have you ever seen the color dodge had in 00 and 01 called amber fire pearl? It was a sunset orange and I remember a Dakota one time had that color with all sorts of camo accents and I did look pretty sweet. A little redneck, but I like that stuff.

Back to the thread,
Maybe the camo will look OK, I just see red or maroon trucks with camo on them in cabelas catalogs and they just look out of place. But to each their own, if you like it go for it !!!

Old 05-24-2013, 02:12 PM
gHEMImorePower
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You made the right choice on keeping your truck IMO. Now as to your choice of camo on a red truck....lol well to each their own i'll leave it at that.
I thought it was a dumb idea until I saw a red f150 with a bunch of camo and it looked good. I don't like blacking mine out anymore, I kinda want mine to be one of a kind, ya know? Plus camo is in style down here haha. If I end up not liking the camo vent visors I'll try to trade someone for black ones and not do anymore. I'll post a pic when u get em

Last edited by gHEMImorePower; 05-24-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:14 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Have you ever seen the color dodge had in 00 and 01 called amber fire pearl? It was a sunset orange and I remember a Dakota one time had that color with all sorts of camo accents and I did look pretty sweet. A little redneck, but I like that stuff.

Back to the thread,
Maybe the camo will look OK, I just see red or maroon trucks with camo on them in cabelas catalogs and they just look out of place. But to each their own, if you like it go for it !!!
Yep. Rather rare color, but I've seen an 01 Ram with it and an an 00 or 01 Dakota Sport with it. Rather nice, really.