3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Looking for advice on LED stop/tail and turn lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 01:32 AM
devans02
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for advice on LED stop/tail and turn lights

If this is in the wrong section then could the mods put it in the right one.
I'm making a headache rack for my 02 QC 1500. I do use it as a truck and don't want to accidentally have to replace the rear window.
Anywho, I'd like to add LED stop/tail and turn lights to it but I don't want to put them up on top or where they are next to the window. I'd rather put them on the frame.
Problem, the frame is made of 1 1/2 X 2 box tubing. I did find a possible solution at my local tractor supply though. The light is made by Blazer and is 1 1/4 wide X 18" long. Product # C3491RC.
The packaging didn't have a lot of information and I wasn't able to find out much by doing a web search. My questions being is the one light for the both right and left turn signals or do I need one for each side? If one light does both right and left turns signals is it possible to wire it so the whole thing blinks and I put one on each side. I'd prefer one for each side.
The other question for all here is do any of you know of a light I could buy for what I want to do?
I'd like to put the stop/turn and tails on the angled section and white LED strip lights across the top.
Here's a picture of what I'm working on to help you understand.
Thanks.
Don

Name:  2013-08-28171405.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  143.3 KB

Quick Reply: Looking for advice on LED stop/tail and turn lights