3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Members with underseat rear subs - Please chime in...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 09:44 AM
konrad1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Members with underseat rear subs - Please chime in...

So I’d like to get the under-rear-seat 10’’ sub, except I just want one side, either pass or driver side and had a few questions…

First off, I’d like to leave more space for storage, so which side would take up less space for the sub? It looks like the driver’s side?

Second, what is a good enclosure to use? I’m not interested in Ebay enclosures. And does anyone make one for the driver’s side?

Thirdly, what is a good sub that you guys are running? Since it’ll be a 10’’ and just a single, I’d like it to compensate for the small space and size, but still sound great and hit hard.

Also, I'm curious to hear what amps you're using.

Any other thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:47 PM
bigmac18
Veteran

I built one for just under the driver's side, leaving the passenger side free for storage and to flip the seat up if I needed the space.
I went with an alpine type S 10" speaker, plenty of sub or what I wanted and it fit into the small space just fine.

Attached Thumbnails Members with underseat rear subs - Please chime in...-bigmac18-21708-albums-stereo-build-and-install-10398-picture-08-covered-inside-26929.jpg  
Old 07-08-2014, 10:51 PM
JLUnlimited

Boston Acoustic did make a small sub with some punch to it . . There are various places to get get a good and decently made box. . . I WOULD NOT GO TO EBAY . .

Old 07-09-2014, 04:13 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

bigmac, that looks nice.

I custom made mine as well and the driver side needed to use up some of the pass side volume for a large enough enclosure. I did two 10's.

If I had a choice...I would do the pass side, because you'll likely use the driverside storage more because your on that side(convenient) where as the pass side, you'll always have to walk around to get stuff out(PITFA)

Pass side has more volume, would be easier to fit a sub, would sound better, would be easier to grab stuff on driver side.
food for thought.

As far as going to Ebay...Just everyday stero shops selling the usual stuff they try to push out the door. ALL prefab enclosures suck. ALL of them. Ebay or not, prefab is not going to be as good as a shop built enclosure.period >.<

Last edited by dirtydog; 07-09-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Members with underseat rear subs - Please chime in...