3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Help would be appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 12:14 AM
WikkdGam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Help would be appreciated

I recently bought a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT QC 4.7l Magnum. So far I have purchased new head and tail lights, third brake light, new grill, new Am Racing Wheels, new tires, and new fogs. I am looking for a good APM Ram Air hood that won't give me any fitment issues, a good supplier for the front bumper cover with valance, rear bumper, and tailgate bottom hinges. I am getting all my parts ready for installation and paint as soon as the weather gets warmer so I have some time since I am in PA and the winter just started. I am not a "bling" kind of person so I am trying to get everything together so everything will be the same body color. I am going with Tuxedo Black with heavy blue flake since all my interior accents are blue. I am also wondering about molded running boards and a very nice rumbling sounding exhaust. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. I figure after all this I need to see how to fit a double din 7in touch nav with the rear camera and maybe someone that reupholsters seats (my back seat is ripped), then it will probably go into new shocks, brakes and rotors. So I welcome all suggestions.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:20 PM
GreenEH
Professional

For something that you just bought you sure have quite the plans for maintenance and upgrades. What kind of shape is it in now? It's a shame it has the 4.7, the early ones are kinda doggish

Don't know about exhaust for a good rumble on the 4.7. I can only tell you what long tubes, no cats and an AT3030 on a hemi sounds like haha!

Good luck

Old 12-01-2014, 09:26 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Whatever is on sale.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:43 AM
WikkdGam

Originally Posted by GreenEH
For something that you just bought you sure have quite the plans for maintenance and upgrades. What kind of shape is it in now? It's a shame it has the 4.7, the early ones are kinda doggish

Don't know about exhaust for a good rumble on the 4.7. I can only tell you what long tubes, no cats and an AT3030 on a hemi sounds like haha!

Good luck
I'm a car girl at heart and no stranger to modding hehehe She is in good shape, some minor dings here and there but nothing major. There is a picture in my profile. I believe she is a later model 03 or so I have read when looking for parts. She runs great but I am not really into all that chrome and shiny stuff. I like sleek and stealth and I can't wait to get all these parts installed and get her painted. Just need those finishing touches, then I can look at suspension upgrades Thanks for your help though

Old 12-02-2014, 10:46 AM
WikkdGam

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Whatever is on sale.
Any suggestions on where might be the best place to start?

Old 12-02-2014, 11:10 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by WikkdGam
Any suggestions on where might be the best place to start?
03 should have accessories at places like rock auto, autoanything, ebay, LMC truck, heck even amazon, etc. I would start by googling whatever accessory you have in mind then start researching the best place with the best prices and cheapest shipping. Body parts wont be cheap as far as shipping goes though. You could also try craigslist.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:58 AM
WikkdGam

Originally Posted by jkeaton
03 should have accessories at places like rock auto, autoanything, ebay, LMC truck, heck even amazon, etc. I would start by googling whatever accessory you have in mind then start researching the best place with the best prices and cheapest shipping. Body parts wont be cheap as far as shipping goes though. You could also try craigslist.
Thank you. That gives me a great starting point

Quick Reply: Help would be appreciated