3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Cepek Fun Country tread changed...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 12:51 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Cepek Fun Country tread changed...

I'm about ready to need new tires, and I was pretty set on the FC-II this time around. I just saw that Dick Cepek/MT changed the tread design and dropped the "II" from the name of the tire. I know that performance should be the first thing that matters, rather than aesthetics, but damn... these things look like they came out of an old celluloid frame Flintstones cartoon! No me gusto. Guess it's another set of DuraTracs. They treated me well for several years in all sorts of terrain and environments. No sidewall issues to speak of.

Last edited by Chet Ubetcha; 05-07-2015 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:54 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, I saw that, supposedly the change was to quiet them down some. Biggest knock on them was road noise and I have to admit, the ones on my old '04 were as loud as all but the most aggressive mud tires.

I dunno, when it comes time to ditch the stock tires on my '14 CTD I think I'm still going with them. If they wear anything like the original design they'd be the last tires you'd ever have to buy...

Old 05-30-2015, 03:31 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I am still looking around for someplace local that may have the old FC-II in stock. I've had my heart set on them for quite some time, and was really disappointed to see the new style. I may give Tire Rack a call and see if they happen to still have any in stock anywhere even though only the FC is advertised. If I can't find them, I'm going to go with MT MTZs, which I can get locally.

How's that new truck treating you, Hammer?

Old 05-30-2015, 08:58 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Chet Ubetcha

How's that new truck treating you, Hammer?
Good so far, no emission issues yet (knock on wood). Just took a trout fishing trip to upstate NY and back, just over 3000 mile trip. Averaged 23.8 mpg - not bad for an 8000 lb. truck IMO...

Quick Reply: Cepek Fun Country tread changed...