3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Evap purge code...annoying.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 04:04 AM
JoshSlash87
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Evap purge code...annoying.

Had this code forever...how the heck do you track the leak down? I tightened my gas cap (its original) reset the codes plenty and checked for obvious cracks. But to be honest I haven't spent much time on it cuz its not the most important thing for me to worry about, I just hate the ck engine light.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:31 AM
msmith5150
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm guessing you have a P0441 code for evaporative emission control system incorrect purge flow? I have had that one on and off for some time also. I can clear it and it it will stay out for a while or come back the next day, it's really random. I have not repaired mine yet, but a very common solution is replacing the leak detection pump.

There are a ton of vids about it, here are two that I found that pretty much explain it.

I haven't replaced it yet as I mentioned, I'm just lazy! Plus, you really shouldn't notice any real issues other than the annoying light. They are not expensive and not hard get to.

Quick Reply: Evap purge code...annoying.