3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2 door vs 4 door pickups

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 03:53 AM
swamper
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2 door vs 4 door pickups

I notice more people are driving 4 door pickups.me I own a 2 door and don't need or want a 4 door.Im just wondering why do a lot of you want 4 door trucks?Most guys tell me cause they have kids lol.but I see a lot of people to old to have young kids driving them.nothing against them im just old school and like the 2 door look.So do you own a 2 door or a 4 door pickup?Or an extended cab?

Old 01-26-2016, 09:28 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

For the extra room when you do run into the situation of needing more passenger or cargo room and don't want to stick the extra people or cargo in the bed.

Old 01-27-2016, 04:08 AM
swamper
Veteran

that makes sense but was hoping to hear from people that own them though.

Last edited by swamper; 01-27-2016 at 04:54 AM.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:57 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

I have owned all three. Standard, quad and now extended.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:55 PM
KasperR34
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the look better, I also have two bench seats for when the lady gets frisky, I can seat 6, I can keep boxes and clothes in the back seat to avoid the weather, really there's no downside besides having a heavier truck.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:09 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I bought it as the family wagon. I do have kids, and I needed something with equivalent cabin room as the Jetta I traded in on it, and having the ability to tow boats and haul motorcycles was also a priority. I have nothing against any of them. I actually want a lowered regular cab truck eventually, but right now it's not practical. I think people can drive what they want for whatever reason they feel like. They are the only ones that have to like it.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:08 AM
swamper
Veteran

Originally Posted by KasperR34
I like the look better, I also have two bench seats for when the lady gets frisky, I can seat 6, I can keep boxes and clothes in the back seat to avoid the weather, really there's no downside besides having a heavier truck.
lol you sound like me but i like the look of a 2 door pickup better.just goes to show that pickups have now become family vehicles most with 6 foot beds not 8 and most have nothing in the beds and dont use them for work.just my 2 cents.

Last edited by swamper; 01-30-2016 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:22 PM
JoshSlash87
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KasperR34
Before I bought my single cab I really wanted a quad/extended cab hemi truck, but my buddy was selling his Hemi Ram single cab and it was too awesome and we had a lot of great times in it plus he gave me a great deal on it...needless to say I didn't regret my purchase one bit! Less weight and it screams, basically a muscle truck the way it hauls so much ***. With that said I still enjoy my 97 Ram extended cab, it was great for the extra room, but me being a single guy I really don't have a need for the extended cab.

If I need to haul family/friends and a trailer I'll get a Durango.

My front seat of my single cab has more than enough room with the center console up, just gotta make sure her feet don't hit the cd player or bust the ashtray where I keep all my change!

Old 02-15-2016, 08:03 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
For the extra room when you do run into the situation of needing more passenger or cargo room and don't want to stick the extra people or cargo in the bed.

I have a four-door for the reasons jkeaton states, although I think the MegaCabs are ridiculous. It's also illegal and dangerous for passengers and/or pets to ride in the bed.

The other reason is that single cab trucks don't allow enough movement for the seat to allow a comfortable driving position. I don't know if Ford still offers the single cab with the extra behind the seat room, but that was a very good idea.

Last edited by Gary-L; 02-15-2016 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:28 PM
JoshSlash87
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary-L
I have a four-door for the reasons jkeaton states, although I think the MegaCabs are ridiculous. It's also illegal and dangerous for passengers and/or pets to ride in the bed.

The other reason is that single cab trucks don't allow enough movement for the seat to allow a comfortable driving position. I don't know if Ford still offers the single cab with the extra behind the seat room, but that was a very good idea.
Theres ton of room in my single cab Ram. I'm 6ft tall and I have my seat all the way back and behind that seat is: A big plastic tool box, a 8inch subwoofer & box, a pair of snow boots, jumper cables, gloves, extra oil & assorted cans of WD-40/PB Blaster. Not to mention a full metric wrench set that doesn't fit in the tool box because of its plastic holder. My friend who is 6ft 7 had enough room when I let him drive it.

Back in the day when my friend had it, he used to fit a 12 pack of beer under the center console compartment under the middle seat.

Quick Reply: 2 door vs 4 door pickups