3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Paint color Mineral Gray vs Graphite need info quick

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 07:53 PM
ramheadhemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint color Mineral Gray vs Graphite need info quick

Hi,

I need some REAL QUICK advice:

I have a chance to get a rust free bed for my Graphite Gray 03 Ram (which has the horrible rust over wheel wells, etc.....cab & front of truck is near perfect).

Problem is this bed is from a 2005 Ram which is the Mineral Gray since the graphite was not used that year.

How noticeable will it be if I use the 05 bed in that color on my 03 Ram in Graphite??? My truck has normally sat outdoors over the years in sunlight.....I know the mineral gray is a tad lighter but is there any chance my truck's paint has faded some so the mismatch won't be that great.

BTW.....the bed is some distance from me so I can't easily go and match it up and don't want to make a long trip just to find out it is an extreme mismatch.

THANKS!

Old 03-20-2016, 10:23 AM
Joe.G
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the bed is clean and its a good price I would go get it, I think I would rather Have a slight mis match then the rust, Plus You can always get it painted which is what I would do.

Go to a dealer or body shop and look at teh different paint samples to see how far they are off.

Quick Reply: Paint color Mineral Gray vs Graphite need info quick