3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

8 foot beds and regular cabs are getting scarce

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 12:57 AM
swamper
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 8 foot beds and regular cabs are getting scarce

I been looking at trucks for sale and I notice 99 percent of them are crew cabs with 6 foot beds both 1500 and 2500s.I dont know about any of you but I don't need or like crew cabs at all.why do you think that they aren't making 8 foot beds trucks much anymore?how are you going to fit sheet rock or ply wood in a 6 foot bed?seems odd to me.only thing i can think of is most people I see in trucks these days are using them for family vehicles and dont use them for work like me.Any thoughts?

Old 08-31-2017, 02:59 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm sure you could find an old fleet vehicle somewhere, but yeah... if you are looking for a well-appointed one, you are probably in for a long search. I use my QC both as a famwagon and for work. I can also fit five people (coincidentally the exact number of people needed for a team of presenters in my program), as well as 400 lbs of equipment that takes up the entire bed. I'm not hauling construction equipment, but it gets its use as a truck regularly.