3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Bike rack on Dodge Ram bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 05:04 PM
otrango9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike rack on Dodge Ram bumper?

I want to install a bike rack on the back of my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. The bumper has an integrated hitch and a hole for mounting a ball. It is rated for 5000 lbs so I don't think a bike rack will be a problem. The issue is that most bike racks require a 2" receiver tube seen on conventional hitches. I was wondering if there are some adapters/tricks to somehow allow me to attach the bike rack to the bumper without installing a whole new hitch?

Thanks.

Old 10-17-2019, 07:58 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 576 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by otrango9
I want to install a bike rack on the back of my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. The bumper has an integrated hitch and a hole for mounting a ball. It is rated for 5000 lbs so I don't think a bike rack will be a problem. The issue is that most bike racks require a 2" receiver tube seen on conventional hitches. I was wondering if there are some adapters/tricks to somehow allow me to attach the bike rack to the bumper without installing a whole new hitch?

Thanks.

Mount a hitch receiver. You can then use any size ball and any size drop or rise for a hitch. I never use the ball mount on bumpers as they are usually not the right height for my trailers. You can't use n equalizer hitch either.

Quick Reply: Bike rack on Dodge Ram bumper?