3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2002 Ram Column Wiring Bundle/Harness

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 12:16 PM
Rick Castleman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Ram Column Wiring Bundle/Harness

Specs on my truck: 2002 Ram 1500 2WD 5.9l V8 SLT pkg Automatic Quad Cab
What I'm looking for:
I'm looking for the column Wiring harness or bundle that goes from the ignition switch harness/block to the main bus located on the side firewall below/behind the emergency brake.
Problems I've encountered:
Difficulty starting the truck. Turn the key and the starter clicks but wont start. IT IS NOT THE STARTER.
Steps I've gone through:
I have replaced the key cylinder 3 times and the ignition switch 3 times over a 6 year period.
I can wiggle/press on the rear of the ignition switch where the wiring harness locks into (on the left side of the steering column) and after 5 - 30 key turns and wrestling with the wiring, the truck will fire up.
I have even replaced the terminals on my battery to heavy gauge ones and checked all my grounds just to make sure.
I have checked relays and fuses to make sure all were good. All good.
Sometimes I have noticed that turning the steering wheel causes the truck to start but I think it is forcing a wiring connection.

I need help locating some sort of aftermarket wiring bundle to replace this group. Anyone have any ideas?
Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

Quick Reply: 2002 Ram Column Wiring Bundle/Harness