3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

P2175 Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 09:16 PM
NRAlawdog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P2175 Issue

This code and code P2106just came up last night. In reading some previous posts here back in January, it looked like there might be some issue with air flow. '03 Dodge Hemi, 5.7 Hemi, Quad 4x4 w/ 46K. I've got a K&N air cleaner that I haven't cleaned in quite sometime so I'm going to try that. Can anyone tell me how to clear the code out of the memory and reset the CEL? Did anyone find anything else out about this code? I noticed in the previous posts a couple also having an issue with their ETC coming on. I've begun to experience that as well. Usually only happens when I've been on the highway for a while and have the cruise on. After driving about an hour, the ETC light comes on flashing with the CEL. I turn it off, turn it back on, it resets, and all is well again. For a while anyway.... I love this truck, and up until about a year ago, it has been "issue free".... (About the time the warranty ran out. Imagine that.....) ;-)

Also, I get really crappy gas mileage. Nothing anywhere near where the Dodge sticker said I should get. I"ve got the K&N and Flow Master Catback duals on it. I get around 9mpg around town and 13mpg highway, (rolling around 65). For every 5 mph over the limit I go, I usually lose around 1 mpg. Stock tires, (original still). Anyone getting better than that?

Thanks!

Old 04-12-2007, 10:37 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star
Default RE: P2175 Issue

Reset your PCM... maybe your trucks memory needs to learn how to drive again... but your MPG seems pretty normal.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:25 PM
somebodyinok
Professional
Default RE: P2175 Issue

Fuse 23 (at least on mine it's an '04). Some say that you also have to turn the key on until it dings.

Quick Reply: P2175 Issue