3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

interior overhead lights not lighting up when doors open

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 04:48 AM
mdram43
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior overhead lights not lighting up when doors open

i just got my truck back from the body shop today, my car was hit, so 3 weeks later its good as new except with some new stuff. but now the interior overhead lights arent lighting up like they use to when the doors open. i'll open a door up at night and cant see anything so i have to get in and manually click it on. anyone know what the cause of this might be? otherwise i'll be heading backto the dealer as soon as im back in town in a few days.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:54 AM
jeffjs
Professional
Default RE: interior overhead lights not lighting up when doors open

I have a similar problem, but it happens in my truck only when the front passenger door opens. All 3 other doors cause the overhead light to turn on, the front passenger door will not.

Took it to the dealer and they said they had to replace the gauge cluster in the dash because that's where the electronics are for the switch (not the pin switch in the door). Also, they can't just order a part - they need to pull my gauge cluster out, send it in as a core and then get a return part. My truck would be in the shop for at least 2 days. I told the customer service guy I would come back when this really bothered me. I can't believe the whole gauge cluster would have to be replaced just to get the dome light to come on when a door is opened!

Good luck.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:35 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

sounds like crap to me. i swear this counry's goin to hell. not a single profession will be honest anymore. im sure they dont need to do all that.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:48 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I do not know for sure, but it may be possible to disable them. Maybe through the overhead, or more likely by pushing the lights on off a few times in a row.

Quick Reply: interior overhead lights not lighting up when doors open