3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rain X wiper blades -

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rain X wiper blades -

I bought the anti-fog wipes and was not too impressed with their results. It seemed to me the window got hazy every time I used those wipes on the inside window.

Old 04-15-2007, 06:26 PM
pilot00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will only buy rain x wiper blades. I have been using them for about 3 years. They do not jump on the window and they do not seem to dryrot outas fast as other brands. They are a few dollars more but well woth it.

Old 04-15-2007, 06:43 PM
tinyfxds
Veteran

Rain X is such a pain the @ss to get off. I really like it but it takes me forever to get those smears off the glass.

I've seen those Bosch Icon wiper blades at Auto Zone, they are like 23.00 bucks a piece. I'm not spending that much for wiper blades.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:21 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

I need to change my blades. I will try the rain x after hearing the results here.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Pirata
Champion

ORIGINAL: tinyfxds

Rain X is such a pain the @ss to get off. I really like it but it takes me forever to get those smears off the glass.

I've seen those Bosch Icon wiper blades at Auto Zone, they are like 23.00 bucks a piece. I'm not spending that much for wiper blades.
What smears are you talking about? I have never had Rainex smear. If you are talking about the haze that appears buff it out with a paper towel or a clean rag.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:26 PM
tailgatedrinkin
Professional

ORIGINAL: Pirata

I bought the anti-fog wipes and was not too impressed with their results. It seemed to me the window got hazy every time I used those wipes on the inside window.
yeah i just put that anit fog stuff on my windshield. it made it look really dirty. it took awhile to wipe it all up. i guess we will find out if it works??

Old 04-15-2007, 09:52 PM
tinyfxds
Veteran

Every time Iput rain x on it hazes up. I know it's suppose to haze up but it's such a pain to get off. Maybe I'm using to much or something.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:23 AM
reiderr
Professional

I think you're not completing the application correctly. I lather on the Rain X and let it dry thoroughly. It is very hazy--which is just what you want at this point of the application. Then I get 2 micro fiber clothes. One is damp to the point that rubbing it across the glass leaves a bit of water behind. Then I follow up immediate (before the water dries) with the dry microfiber towel. The water from the first towel "sets" the Rain X and the dry towel polishes the glass so there's no haze whatsover.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Pirata
Champion

I've read about the water method but have never tried it. The dry method has suited me just fine. I apply several liberal coats focusing on the"wax on/wax off" until it gets a good haze then I buff it off.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:14 AM
djr04
All Star

I haven't used rain x for a while, but basically any spray or liquid wax will get the job done. Even a quick detailer will work in a pinch.

Quick Reply: Rain X wiper blades -