3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

installing an alarm, having trouble

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 01:50 AM
jakeman711
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing an alarm, having trouble

I am baffled. I just installed a keyless entry and power locks in mt ST ram. I have a 2006 2500 ram with the Cummins. I have the keyless entry system wired and working there are only two problems. I can't figure out where to connect the wire to blink the running lights. It seems that in these vehicles there are multiple signals that go throught one wire. This is the case for the head light switch. Well I can't figure out what to do. I really want the lights to flash when I open the doors. Also, this seems to be the same for the dome lights. I found the wire going to the dome lights, but no matter if I ground it or put power to it it will not light up the dome light. Where do I hook up the dome light wire and where do I hook up the wire to flash the running lights. Please help. Thanks for your time. -Jake

Old 04-15-2007, 05:19 AM
jakeman711
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: installing an alarm, having trouble

Maybe I need a relay?

Quick Reply: installing an alarm, having trouble