3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

More Power

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 12:07 AM
carbophat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Power

It's carbo again, I have the 2005 Ram 1500 Daytona Edition.... I am new to the engine aspect of trucks...if u want to talk about stereo systems I am good to go, however not that great with engines. I would like to get more power and fuel economy out of my truck, if possible.. I already have a K&N cold air intake installed and the dual exhaust (which came standard). Could someone help me out with what to do next? Thanks

Old 04-16-2007, 12:37 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Default RE: More Power

Superchip flashpaq.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:51 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yah, not alot that you can do that will give you the best of both worlds....decide what you want the most and then run with it and be happy with what mileage you end up with lol...but like jimmy said the superchips would be the best way to go

Old 04-16-2007, 03:23 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Upgrade your ignition as best as possible. Many people don't like them, but I'm a big fan of the Taylor shorty wires. Just be wary of burning your plugs, seems to be a problem with mid-mileage hemis around here. I noticed the difference right away, but the other day I put fresh plugs in and really noticed a difference. The consensus around here seems to be either OE style plugs, or iridiums. Little $$, or alot of $$. The flashpaq is a definite.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:49 PM
carbophat

ORIGINAL: HemiLonestar

Upgrade your ignition as best as possible. Many people don't like them, but I'm a big fan of the Taylor shorty wires. Just be wary of burning your plugs, seems to be a problem with mid-mileage hemis around here. I noticed the difference right away, but the other day I put fresh plugs in and really noticed a difference. The consensus around here seems to be either OE style plugs, or iridiums. Little $$, or alot of $$. The flashpaq is a definite.
ok, bare with me, I am slow to the engine stuff.. so I should replace my plug wires and plugs?

Quick Reply: More Power