3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 03:15 AM
christianconners07
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust?

i have a 2006 dodge ram 4x4 with the 5.7 liter hemi in it ,but its to quiet i want to get an exhaust for it but i dont know which one would sound the best any favorites?

Old 04-16-2007, 04:04 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Default RE: exhaust?

Very useful information:

https://dodgeforum.com/m_760973/tm.htm

Old 04-17-2007, 06:31 AM
TRHemi
Rookie

HighDuke's got a good link there. Longstory short...Flowmaster=good deep throaty sound...not so much on performace.

Borla, gibson, corsa (high-end performance enhancers)

Aeroturbine (3030XL)...a little of both worlds. I'd suggest going to their website's almost every website has soundclips anymore....and seeing how "to each his own" you might wanna check out dynomax, magnflow............................hell someguys like glasspacks such as cherrybombs...etc.

"Take all the advice you can get...but make the decision for yourself"

FYI - A lot of these guys say flowmasters are too loud...most of them have the 50 series or higher.....(the lower you go...the louder they get) I have the flowmaster super40's on mine don't bother me any + I have a fairly loud subwoofer system. Like I said to each his own.
Hope it helps!!

Old 04-17-2007, 06:55 AM
ThaChad
Professional

ORIGINAL: TRHemi

HighDuke's got a good link there. Longstory short...Flowmaster=good deep throaty sound...not so much on performace.

Aeroturbine (3030XL)...a little of both worlds. I'd suggest going to their website's almost every website has soundclips anymore....and seeing how "to each his own" you might wanna check out dynomax, magnflow............................hell someguys like glasspacks such as cherrybombs...etc.

FYI - A lot of these guys say flowmasters are too loud...most of them have the 50 series or higher.....(the lower you go...the louder they get) I have the flowmaster super40's on mine don't bother me any + I have a fairly loud subwoofer system. Like I said to each his own.
Hope it helps!!
I'd love to hear a gibson exhaust, but most of the clips on their website don't work.

I also have an '06 with a 5.7 HEMI, I really want to get an exhaust but can't decide either. I with you could just go to the muffler shop and they should weld on a few different mufflers just to hear em.

Does Mandrel bent pipes really make any difference? Am I going to notice anything? I know the Stock pipes arn't mandrel bent.

Thanks,

-TheChad

Old 04-17-2007, 04:06 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ORIGINAL: TRHemi

Hope it helps!!
lol. hey, so your MDS doesnt bother you any? is it like pappy's? you know, cant hear the exhaust when in MDS mode, but when its the 8, you hear it thunder? if so, i think i might "upgrade" to the super 40s.

what kinda system you running in your truck? what kinda box you got? fiberglass? wood? ebay? i had a fiberglass box in my 06 quadcab and we needed the HEMI for a boat my parents wanna get. but i was running 2 infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1's and they were being pushed by an MTX TC6001. mad power! lol. i am planning on getting 2 (yeah, again, im jumping on the JL bandwagon) 10w3v3's in my truck.

Quick Reply: exhaust?