3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Passenger side A/C not getting cold?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 11:39 PM
spinfreak
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Passenger side A/C not getting cold?

I'm stumped. The truck is an '03 Quad Cab with the 5.7. The A/C on the passenger side of the truck is not working right. The A/C on the driver side is as cold as ever, and blows hard. The A/C on the passenger side is kinda warm, and isn't blowing as hard as the driver's side. If I turn off "max", the drivers side blows about as hard as the passenger side does while on "max". Both temp controls (driver and pass side) are both all the way on cold.

I messed around with all the controls, changing it from the dash to the defroster, and everything else. I moved the controls from cold, to warm, and back and forth. I tried every combination, and it's still not working right.

My guess is that maybe the controls are screwed up, but I wanted to see if anybody else has had this problem, or might know what can cause this problem. Thanks

Old 04-17-2007, 01:42 AM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Default RE: Passenger side A/C not getting cold?

Sounds like you have some sort of blockage, yeah I know being Captain Oblivious here.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:47 AM
djr04
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could try getting it into the dealer under a TSB.

https://dodgeforum.com/recalls-and-t...800304/TSB.htm
https://dodgeforum.com/recalls-and-t...400403/TSB.htm

Old 04-17-2007, 10:36 PM
spinfreak
Professional

ORIGINAL: Pirata

Sounds like you have some sort of blockage, yeah I know being Captain Oblivious here.
Hmmm......sounds like that could be right. Let's say that if I have the "max" switch turned off, that would mean that the outside vent is open. The way the passenger side vent blows when it is on max is about the same as the driver's side blows when max is off. So maybe the passenger side operates independently from the driver's side, and somehow the vent is stuck open. And with this hot FL air, outside air mixing with the cold AC will make the air blowing out pretty warm. Anybody have anyclue how that would work, or where I canlook to find the vents?

Old 04-18-2007, 05:34 AM
GFB
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like your temp control gate isn't moving. I just had the whole HVAC housing out for repair (see link)

https://dodgeforum.com/m_774331/tm.htm

The recycle air door is one piece and probably isn't causing your problem, although it could easily damaged. Your problem is most likely a broken door/coupler for passenger side temp control, or a bad actuator that controls that door. Either way you're gonna have to pull the dash to get to it. You might be able to pull the glove box to inspect whether the actuator is moving. Download the factory service manual and look in the HVAC section and it explains how everything works and will show you a diagram of where this door and actuator are located.

Quick Reply: Passenger side A/C not getting cold?