3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

saw a sign no more diesel after 2007?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 11:29 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: saw a sign no more diesel after 2007?

there's an instructor here at school that runs his own bio-diesel...it's provides far superior lubricity then reg diesel, has a slightly lower BTU content, and all sorts of other things that i could get into if i grabed my notebook from my alternative fuels class but i dont want to lol...the setup on his truck has 2 fuel tanks, one is diesel the other is biodiesel...he ran heater hoses back to the biodiesel tank to heat it up, and mounted a valve in the cab so he could switch back and forth while driving down the road...it's a pretty slick setup and seems to work pretty well and provided about the same numbers on the dyno as regular diesel

Old 04-17-2007, 11:45 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Their is one draw back if you want to call it a draw back. Heck you might see it as an added bonus.

You exhaust will smell like French Fries

Old 04-18-2007, 01:42 AM
mdram43
Record Breaker

one of the instructors at the auto center on our campus has a bio diesel cargo van that runs off of veggie oil. suppose to be real easy to covert from a diesel.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:24 PM
nathanp
Captain

ORIGINAL: HighDuke1911

ORIGINAL: clintmiester2

Most manufactures are gonna go to diesel, its better for the atmosphere, like they do in europe, almost all there vehicles are diesel over there
very true my friend. hm... lets say about every 3rd car is a gasser... 2/3 of the cars are diesel. lol. imagine that!
ya its true most vehicals are diesel in europe but its not cause they are better for the enviroment, its because the price of gas over there is outrageous and diesels are more fuel efficient and cheaper to run

Old 04-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Mystro
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The crappy econo cars and delivery trucksare diesel in Europe. Most all the mid and high end cars (the cars you would want to drive) run on priemium gas.

Quick Reply: saw a sign no more diesel after 2007?