3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

01 Quad Cab...Check Engine Light...help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 10:57 PM
dealsndaytona
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Quad Cab...Check Engine Light...help!

Hi, I have an 01 Quad Cab and the check engine light came on. It has been making a low humming noise off and on for about 2 weeks now. Got in it today and the Check Engine Lightcame on. The noise seems to be getting a little bit louder and more frequent, but still drivable. Auto Zone says it is code P0450...maybe the gas cap, vacuum hose leak or purge or vent selinoid. I really don't think its the gas cap. The noise is coming from the engine. Not sure. Does anyone else have this problem here. Not sure what to do and hopefully I don't break down before I can figure out what's wrong with this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, D

Old 04-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Midnight Runner
Champion
Default RE: 01 Quad Cab...Check Engine Light...help!

When my check engine light came on, that's what it was. But it didn't make no nosie.
So i don't think that is it.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:38 AM
dealsndaytona
Default RE: 01 Quad Cab...Check Engine Light...help!

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I don't think its the gas cap either. It makes the noise when I am at idle at the light. I can hear it real good then. It doesn't do it all the time but now the check engine light stays on all the time. I looked up the internet and it said the P0450 was Evaporative emission control system pressure sensor malfunction. Another site I found that it could be the DCP-Duty Cycle Purge Solenoid or the bracket that hold this hitting the inside of the metal frame making the noise. Sounds to me like it may be bearings going bad. Not sure. Any ideas out there. Thanks, D

[IMG]local://upfiles/61197/73C7431C2F7641A3AC7CE9F148CF2F56.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: 01 Quad Cab...Check Engine Light...help!