3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Vibration causing frustration...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 12:47 AM
bigred_d
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration causing frustration...

I bought a 2004 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 Hemi 5 weeks ago and have started to notice a vibration whenever I brake, back, or when idling on a downward slope. The vibration is more apparent when the A/C is turned on. The vibration only lasts for a few seconds, but it feels like it is resonating the full length of the truck. Has anyone else experienced a similiar vibration? If so, do you know what is causing the vibration and how it can be eliminated?

Old 09-08-2004, 01:27 AM
mazz
Veteran
Default RE: Vibration causing frustration...

It's possible you have a brake problem (warped rotors), a tire problem (separated belts), a wheel problem (bent/out of balance/loose lugs), or some other driveline problem (u-joints/driveshaft). You should take it to the dealership and have it checked. It could be something simple and minor, or something complicated and major.

Old 09-08-2004, 01:03 PM
Matrix04
Rookie

i had a resonation going down my 04 anytime there was a load on it, and especially when the a/c was on, i struggled with dodge forever, and finally took it to another shop and had an extra muffler hanger welded on. The problem was that the pipes were not properly supported and were shaking and resonating all down the truck. The hanger fixed this problem immediately. Hope this helps!

Old 09-08-2004, 10:05 PM
bigred_d

Thanks for the reply.

Matrix04 - Can you tell me where the extra pipe hanger was placed? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Vibration causing frustration...