3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

dont buy gas on may 15th

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dont buy gas on may 15th

Lukoil and Ringling Bros. Circus gave away free gas here in PA yesterday at a local station near me. The line started forming overnight and by the time they started pumping, it was several miles long. The local police made it known that **** won't ever happen again.

Old 05-19-2007, 02:35 AM
schmedly
Rookie

Well, I didn't buy gas on the 15th and now the price is up another .10/gal. That's a .03/gal increase this week alone.

Old 05-19-2007, 03:07 AM
ThaChad
Professional

ORIGINAL: schmedly

Well, I didn't buy gas on the 15th and now the price is up another .10/gal. That's a .03/gal increase this week alone.
Yesterday 2 stations in town dropped to 2.96/gal, by 8am today, they were back up to 3.15+ By 8pm today, every station in town is over 3.30/gal!

It's amazing these gas companies are screwing EVERYONE!

-TheChad

Old 05-19-2007, 03:12 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not the gas companies... I think it's just the gas stations feel like F'ing everyone over...

I know our town, one station was 3.49 and on the two Shell stations were 3.57... they only stayed at 3.57 for a couple hours, they just wanted to see if the rest of the town would raise the prices... well the BP I work at did. Boy was I pissed, we raised to 3.55... I'm not buying gas til I run out... I want to see how long I can go... been a week so far, only used 1/4 tank.

Old 05-19-2007, 03:13 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, let me add. The BP station I work at, the owner, manager, and all the sons of the owner are money hungry bastards... so it was no surprise that they went up at first hearing.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:54 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: L and R Two

ORIGINAL: Silver Eagle

I don't know if this will help anyone but i always fill my truck in the evening when the ground tempetures have cooled and i never let the truck go below half of a talk. It doesn't hurt my wallet as bad. And if you see a good price you can top off your tank.
Question on this one. What does cooler ground temp have to do with filling the tank? I am not trying to bash the comment, I actually want to know what the temperature does. I am under the impression that the tanks at the stations are buried at least 15 ft below surface where the temp is not going to be much of a factor. We would have to consider a huge temp difference to change the properties of the gas in a manner that would effect the actual volume a tank can hold.

Please let me know. Now I am curious.

When the air temp is cooler, flue when mixed with air atomizes better, alowing flue to combust quicker, cooller temps cause less evaperation of the gas in a liquid state, the idea is you get more liquid in the tank.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker

Do you guys have laws where you live that limit the number of times gas prices can be raised? In PA and in NJ, a station may not raise the price of gas more than once in 24 hours. If they are caught doing it more than once, there are major fines they have to pay.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:11 PM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

After about a 40% increase in gasoline prices for a second time
US drivers have cut back about 2% in miles driven:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...s-prices_N.htm

Although I am sure many won't believe it,
it is highly possible
if US drivers would cut back another 2%
fuel prices would then drop 40%

The laws of supply and demand in economics work...after a little time delay.

In 1978s all the experts were saying all fuel prices would go up constantly from then on. {i foolishly believed this}

But by 1998 gasoline prices had dropped to less than $1 per gallon,
and crude oil was selling for $12 per barrel
which was an all-time low in inflation adjusted money.....
less than the $0.32 per gallon in 1967 when I first got a motorcycle
and Cocca-Colas cost 10 cents each.

Quick Reply: dont buy gas on may 15th