3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need a Little Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 03:25 AM
MoparRob
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need a Little Diesel

Oh god, another left wing liberal, that has been brain washed by Gore. Lemme guess your only gonna use one square of toilet paper when you wipe your *** now too right? If global warming is real than how do you explain the ice age, or other major climate changes. Did you know that mars has warmed up .5 degrees celcius in that last twenty years?? I guess detroits business is better than you thought!

Old 05-02-2007, 04:06 AM
Neil Vandendool

You did have that beer and few more for good measure. At least I know how to wipe my ***!..... Liberal? Left Wing? Try again I'm a card carrying conservative, country living rancher! Never met a liberal I liked. But I am also an engineer and can't ignore the facts!

"if global warming is real than how do you explain the ice age, or other major climate changes." Been smoking something with those beers I suspect. Have you noticed the increase in annual tornadoes numbers? The severity of storms! Hurricanes! Major climate changes are associated with changes in atmospheric CO2 levels. CO2 up warming , CO2 down cooling. It ain't complicated unless your name is George Bush!

Old 05-02-2007, 04:21 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

Neil,

did you know that in the past 200 years, all the nations in the world combined only created 5% of the total "global warming" that has occured in the past 2 centuries....thats right, as of right now, about 95% of all global warming is created by the carbon dioxide created by plants and animals across this planet each year....

you must have voted for gore

did you also know that

Over the last million years the Earth has fluctuated between colder and warmer periods. The shifts have occurred in roughly 100,000 year intervals thought to be regulated by sunlight. Earth's sunlight quota depends upon its orbit and celestial orientation. But changes have also occurred more rapidly in the past—and scientists hope that these changes can tell us more about the current state of climate change.

along with that
During the last ice age, approximately 70,000 to 11,500 years ago, ice covered much of North America and Europe—yet sudden, sometimes drastic, climate changes occurred during the period. Greenland ice cores indicate one spike in which the area's surface temperature increased by 15 degrees Fahrenheit (9 degrees Celsius) in just 10 years.

where were all the vehicles and industrial companies back then to create the rising average temperature? easy, it was aliens

Old 05-02-2007, 05:04 AM
Neil Vandendool

"did you know that in the past 200 years, all the nations in the world combined only created 5% of the total "global warming" that has occured in the past 2 centuries....thats right, as of right now, about 95% of all global warming is created by the carbon dioxide created by plants and animals across this planet each year.... "

Night Runner,

Try again, that is the most seriously flawed statement I have ever heard! For one plants are a net remover of Carbon Dioxide from the atmosphere. I don't know where to start. My truck emits 10 times the CO2 that I do in a year. What wacko are you quoting?

The atmospheric concentrations of CO2 has increased by 31% above pre-industrial levels in 1750. This is higher than at any time during the last 650,000 years. CO2 values this high were last seen 20 million years ago. About three-quarters of man made emissions of CO2 to the atmosphere during the past 20 years are due to fossil fuel burning. The rest of the emissions are due to agriculture and deforestation. The present atmospheric concentration of CO2 is about 383 parts per million. CO2 has increased by about 100 ppm from 280 ppm to 380 ppm in the last ewo centuries . The first 50 ppm increase took place in 200 years, from the start of the Industrial Revolution to around 1973. The next 50 ppm increase took place in 33 years, from 1973 to 2006.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:52 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

if i was 18, i would have voted gore... lol. ok. im stepping out of this convo now. thanks!

Old 05-02-2007, 06:19 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ZOMG....

This needs to be locked, like now.

Statistical numbers only matter to those who are saying them... BTW...

Without proper sources, they are just... numbers...

Old 05-02-2007, 06:43 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

diesels in ram 1500s are coming out in 2009. lol. there. thats whats gonna happen with 1500 rams and hopefully answers your thread with the power and gas saving the 1500 needs.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:45 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

Neil,

obviously you have never taken a basic bio class....while plants do release release oxygen and consume CO2 during the day, at night they cannot photosynthesize, they have to rely on aerobic respiration in which they release carbon dioxide...

Old 05-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Neil Vandendool

Night Runner,

Obviously you do not know how to READ, and definitely don't understand plant biology! I stated that plants are a "NET REMOVER OF CARBON DIOXIDE FROM THE ATMOSPERE". While what you say is correct, you have once again screwed up your facts. Plants produce far more oxygen in the day then they emit CO2 at night.

Back to where I started. If the quiet little MB Diesels can power a loaded Dodge Sprinter then they can also power a RAM 1500. Myself and most consumers don't need 375 lb-ft of torque. Give me 180 HP and 300 ft-lb in a fuel efficient truck I can afford to drive.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:23 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ORIGINAL: Neil Vandendool

Back to where I started. If the quiet little MB Diesels can power a loaded Dodge Sprinter then they can also power a RAM 1500. Myself and most consumers don't need 375 lb-ft of torque. Give me 180 HP and 300 ft-lb in a fuel efficient truck I can afford to drive.
and this is where i come in... lol.

ORIGINAL: HighDuke1911

diesels in ram 1500s are coming out in 2009. lol. there. thats whats gonna happen with 1500 rams and hopefully answers your thread with the power and gas saving the 1500 needs.
i understand that you understand that they are coming. and i understand that you would have liked to see that earlier. but what dodge doestn know is that some of us, ok, most of us,just have a truck to have one and not haul too much. Ford and GM don't have diesels in their 150 and 1500 lines either. so its a win-win situation for us so far. i dunno if they are gonna do the diesel in their 150 and 1500 lines though. well see what happens.

Quick Reply: Need a Little Diesel