3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

vibration

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 02:02 PM
byersj79
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vibration

I have a 06 15004WD with a 4.7. I have a vibration around 55mph to about 65mph and i believe it to be seporate but at idol too. I just balanced my tireshelped a lot butstill there. I couldn't balance one butonly .5oz out and i put it on the back, could that cause it? I recieved a letter that said there is a recall on the front wheel bearings so could that be it? Driveshaft maybe? Had lots of problems from a 02 1500 that included the transmission, driveshaft, and the one wheel bearing and i don't have the same vibration. Help please before i go to the dealer.

Old 05-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: vibration

Do the basic vibration troublrshooting. Ensure it is speed dependent vice RPM dependent. That really narrows it down. When it is there does it go away as soon as you let go of the gas? Check your u-joints andjack up the front, grab the tire top and bottom and see if it has play to check wheel bearings. Does the truck pull hard one way or the other? How old are the tires? Is the alignment still on?

Quick Reply: vibration