3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trouble Codes

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 03:44 PM
tennesseebadassmofo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble Codes

This forum is a first for me. I need help attmepting to correct a trouble code i have been getting. P0420, it says something about "PCM has determined that the catalyst system efficiency for bank 1 is below threshold." I need help, i have true duals with Flowmaster 20 series 3 chamber mufflers, 3" high flow cats, a hypertech programmer and a K&N cold air intake. Any ideas? my email is tennesseebadassmofo4u@yahoo.com

Old 05-05-2007, 08:35 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Trouble Codes

O2 sensor 1/1.

That is the one in front of the cat on the pass side unless you only have one cat. Then its the one in front of the cat.

If you don't have any exhaust leaks and the cat is physically damaged, then its probably the sensor itself.

You don't say the year of your truck so I can't be more specific.

Old 05-15-2007, 03:41 PM
tennesseebadassmofo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trouble Codes

I went ahead and replaced all4 O2 sensors, god only knows whent he last time these things were replaced. However, i still have these fault codes come up. Not so much for bank 2, but bank 1 gives me the same P0420 trouble code. Any one got any ideas???[X(]

Quick Reply: Trouble Codes