3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

kNOCKING REAR END

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 05:54 PM
CANTDODGEITRAMIT
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default kNOCKING REAR END

Has anyone had the problem where at low low speed cornering their rear end knocks. I'm basicly wondering if its a common occurance on trucks with a tow package on it or is my rear end pooched. Ihave been told that theres a different diff for those trucks.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Hemichief
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: kNOCKING REAR END

Without being a mechanic I think that your limited differential is in need of a fluid change with the additive. Did you have a recent rear diff fluid change? if so, did you add the LSD additive? I would stop driving it, before you smoke it and change the fluids.. that might do it.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:33 PM
CANTDODGEITRAMIT
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't had anything done to it, myself.I've only put 15000KM on it sinceI bought it used. But thanks for the tip I'll have to take it into the dealership I bought it from and see if they might have done anything to it. If theresanything wrongitsstill under warranty.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:01 AM
Hemichief
Veteran

Anytime... I just had my rear diff serviced and the guy that helped me service it (mechanic) was adamant about the additive.

I hope it helps you...

Old 05-08-2007, 02:38 AM
djr04
All Star

Another idea to toss up could be wheel hop from the lsd kicking in while turning. If you didn't have the lsd additive it would probably cause the hop to be worse.

Quick Reply: kNOCKING REAR END