3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Debadging...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 04:11 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Debadging...

if i had more money (we're in the process of something that you dont wanna do, starts with B ends in Y, big word), i'd put 2 pipes going straight out the back.

EDIT: 1 on each side of the hitch.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker

Since we talking about de-badging, can someone please tell the dealers that putting their stickers or emblems on the back of my vehicles **** me off.
I actually had one dealer add his dealer emblem to the back of my truck while they were doing some warranty repair work. When I told them to get it the F off of there, they ended up scratching the hell out of it. I'm still fighting with them to get the tailgate repainted, but they just want to touch it up.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:25 PM
hemiman123456
Veteran

i agree......you pay enough for the truck, why do they have to put 3 inch by 4 inch advertising on ur car?

Old 05-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: hemiman123456

i agree......you pay enough for the truck, why do they have to put 3 inch by 4 inch advertising on ur car?
What's worse is the dealers that will punch out the front bumper license plate mounting holes to put on their own license plate. In PA, we only have rear plates. Why you gotta F up my bumper?

Old 05-18-2007, 10:12 PM
NJMandCEM
Professional

Those bastards.... But anyways... How would you re-attach the badges?.. I'm think of removing and relocating the "HEMI" badges... Make my truck different.. ya know?...

Old 05-18-2007, 10:26 PM
mmclane01

I had toremove the glue also, but not by choice. I had my HEMI emblems stolen off my truck recently (See "HEMI Emblem 5.7 ??" post) and had to remove the glue from my truck. It wasn't that bad though. I just rubbed it with my thumb back and forth ALOT until most of the glue kindof rolled off. Then I used a little bug&tar remover to take off the residue, then followed up with wax. Looks like nothing was ever there, but like I said..... it wasn't by choice. I'd prefer to have my HEMI 5.7 emblems back.

Does anyone have any HEMI emblems for an '07 they want to get rid of ? Since this is a thread on debadging, I thought maybe someone would have spares.

-Thanks

Old 05-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker

It's one thing to de-badge, but how on earth would you put on used badges? Maybe the ***** that stole your Hemi badge is wearing it aroudn his neck.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:12 AM
spinfreak
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally de-badged last week. I was all gung-ho about using the goo-gone, but after trying to get the glue/adhesive off from one letter, I went on my merry way to NAPA and picked up a 3M Stripe Off Wheel. I found out about it on another forum. I paid about double (even triple) what some guys paid, but I didn't want to waste time hunting one down. You put it in your drill, and it "grinds" it right off. I did the entire truck in a matter of minutes.

p.s. I was afraid that it would hurt the paint, but don't worry...it won't. It's made for stuff like this, and auto body shops use it.