3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

lowering kit for rear

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 12:29 AM
austin
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering kit for rear

Hey I have been looking at getting a 2in +/- drop on the rear to level it out. I DONT want a full lowering kit because they look stupid to me. I just want the truck to be even basicly. i found a shackle on Ebay for around 50 bucks to lower the rear 2in. It looks good, with a warranty also .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Low...spagenameZWDVW

But yes does this look good? Easy to install to you guys? What else is an option out there?
The only thing I am really worried about is about 2 times a month I have to haul around 800 pounds in the bed, and tow around 5500 pounds on a trailer. So I just want these guys to hold up!!

Old 05-18-2007, 10:59 AM
blamb
Amateur
Default RE: lowering kit for rear

I'm planning on doing the same thing, and I've talked back and forth with Ground Force and this is what I'm getting ready to order. The Tech I spoke with said all payload capacities remain the same.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

Old 05-18-2007, 11:53 AM
highline9
Rookie

Why not level but raising the front 2 +/- inches??? This way no problems towing.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:02 PM
blamb
Amateur

No offense to any that prefers that approach, but I'm not going to be running anything biggerthan the stock 20" tire size, so i don't want any more wheel well than i already have so thats why i'm dropping the a$$.

Quick Reply: lowering kit for rear