3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

exaust and cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 12:55 AM
ram15002007
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exaust and cold air intake

new to dodgeforum.. first time poster... need lots of help....

i just got a 2003 DODGE RAM 1500 about two months ago... i want to put dual exaust on it but someone told me you have to reset the valves..if you dont have to reset the valvesis it hard to put true dual on the rams?!then i want to put a good cold air intake on her for better gas mileage..

another thing.... i have a 2 wheel drive and i want to put a lift on my truck i was thinking a 7 inch with NITTO MUD GRAPPLERS....

Old 05-21-2007, 01:12 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Default RE: exaust and cold air intake

I have never heard anything about reseting the valves for exhaust. I have the flowmaster super 40 on my truck and i love it. For the intake you'll get a few different opinions. Personally i'd go with K&N but there are others on here who like airraid and mopar and a few others. For the lift i have yet to see a 7 inch lift for a 2wd, actually not even for a 4wd. BUT one thing you could do is i know there is at least one company that makes a 6" for 2wd and if its not tall enough possibly add a body lift?

Old 05-21-2007, 01:20 AM
Midnightrider
Rookie

for the exhaust I'm not sure there is a kit for true dual out for the rams, every kit i have seen you need a Y-pipe but you can do 2 to 1 and back out to 2 after the muffler, check www.superexhaust.comthey got a ton of stuff. As far as the intake, I got the Trueflow and love it, personally think its the best one out there and not only that is use your stock airbox with a aftermarket filter of course so it gives u a nice clean look under the hood.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:18 AM
djr04
All Star

Like previously mentioned, a 6 inch lift would probably be the highest you could go; however, if you changed to a different tire size with a diameter that was 1" greater than your current tire, your truck would be 7" higher than it currently is.

Edit: If you went to an exhaust shop you could probably have a true dual setup fabricated fairly cheap, depending on the mufflers you use (if any). The shop could run custom piping from each cat to each side. Be cautious though, as I have heard of some people losing some low end torque after adding true duals.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:08 PM
ram15002007

ok i have the 20" rims right now and i found a the NITTO that fits it... and i cant put them on until i have at least 3" on the lift... i also have a friend that does exaust that will cut my cat for straight pipes.. but heard it is very illegal in fl.... do you have any recommendations on better fuel mileage!?!

Quick Reply: exaust and cold air intake