3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

First Post Here and some new add ons...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 02:17 PM
trodery
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First Post Here and some new add ons...

Thanks everyone, I am rather pleased with the way everything looks.

HansonHVAC, funny story about those fender flairs. I really did not want the "Pocket Style" flairs but when I got to the truck accessory store the ones I ordered were not available like they told me, they asked if I would take the pocket style at no additional cost and I said yes...come to find out the warehouse did not have those in stock either. They had that set laying around that they had custom painted for another customer..THEY WERE FREAKING PURPLE!!! Anyways...they we agreed finally that if they would spray them with bedliner material I would take them. I ended up getting a sweet deal on em! As far as a backing on them there is only a rubber gasket type thing that goes on the fenders where they touch the body of the truck.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:20 PM
trodery

ORIGINAL: HighDuke1911

oh, and that bed rug is tight! dont you have a cover for the bed because it rains everywhere and so it'd get wet. so you got a cover too?
No cover! The BedRug is supposed to be guaranted for life, their webiste bedrug.com says to use it just like you would any other bedliner. Acid, gasoline, oil, etc will not harm it or stain it (according to them), they say just to wash it out with a pressure washer. Although it looks and feels like carpet it is actually plastic. I really like the bedrug!!!

Old 05-21-2007, 02:22 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

kool! how much was it though? ill take a guess of about $600. am i close?

Old 05-21-2007, 02:24 PM
trodery

kool! how much was it though? ill take a guess of about $600. am i close?
It was about $400 locally, you can get a better deal on it online at truckaddons.com

Old 05-21-2007, 02:29 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

oh. its less than i thought! lol. looks real good too! i always liked them but didnt know that they can be outside like that. i always thought you needed a bed cover for em. lol. but you still got a badass ride man!

Old 05-21-2007, 02:46 PM
trodery

oh. its less than i thought! lol. looks real good too! i always liked them but didnt know that they can be outside like that. i always thought you needed a bed cover for em. lol. but you still got a badass ride man!
Thanks again HighDuke! Not bad for an "Old Mans Ride" [&:]

Maybe someone will nominate it for Truck of the Month [8D]

Old 05-21-2007, 02:57 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

lol. youd win it, i think1 id vote for you! if i remember, ill nominate you next month!

Old 05-21-2007, 03:18 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

ORIGINAL: trodery

HansonHVAC, funny story about those fender flairs. I really did not want the "Pocket Style" flairs but when I got to the truck accessory store the ones I ordered were not available like they told me, they asked if I would take the pocket style at no additional cost and I said yes...come to find out the warehouse did not have those in stock either. They had that set laying around that they had custom painted for another customer..THEY WERE FREAKING PURPLE!!! Anyways...they we agreed finally that if they would spray them with bedliner material I would take them. I ended up getting a sweet deal on em! As far as a backing on them there is only a rubber gasket type thing that goes on the fenders where they touch the body of the truck.
Wow... purple.... that would have been... odd lol I really want a set of those they looks sweet, just gotta come up with the 400 bones to get em. On my truck i have the rocker panel kit, do you think that rubber seal would but up against them or should i cut the panels back to seal directly against the paint?

Old 05-21-2007, 03:19 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

also i see in 3 pictures you have a tool box but the one of your bed rug you do not... is it in or out? haha

Old 05-21-2007, 03:38 PM
trodery

ORIGINAL: HansonHVAC

ORIGINAL: trodery

Wow... purple.... that would have been... odd lol I really want a set of those they looks sweet, just gotta come up with the 400 bones to get em. On my truck i have the rocker panel kit, do you think that rubber seal would but up against them or should i cut the panels back to seal directly against the paint?
I am almost 100% sure that you would have to trim the flairs to get them around the rocker panels, at least to make it look good.

The toolbox is back in the truck, I took it out to put in the bedrug, left it out for a few days and decided to put it back in.

Quick Reply: First Post Here and some new add ons...