3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Door Handle removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 03:03 PM
chopperzen
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Door Handle removal

I want to paint my door handles to match the truck. I took the door panel off of the rear door to look and onlyone screw is visible holding the handle on. Where is the other one and what needs tobe done to get it off? Same with the front handles..

Old 05-23-2007, 03:59 PM
chopperzen
Veteran
Default RE: Door Handle removal

Guess I asked too soon.. I figured it out!

Old 05-23-2007, 04:05 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should post how to do it on this thread so if someone has the same question and uses the search the answer will be on this thread and they won't have to ask it again

Old 05-23-2007, 08:48 PM
chopperzen
Veteran

To remove door handles: Remove door panel with Philips head. Two screws at the bottom, one at the mirror and one behind the door handle. One holds behind the door handle on the back door. Remove the Torx screw that holds the door handle to the door with a Torx 40. Pull off the panel and peel down the top corner of membrane at the door lock pins. Use a 5/16" socket to remove the nuts holding the handle on. There is a black rubber piece to remove to be able to get to the 2nd nut on the rear doors. Pull out the handles and remove the handle from the bar. That's it.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you using the new Duplicolor vinyl and fabric spray paint? Let us know how it works.
I saw a small segment on Truck Universe (Speed TV) where they showed a car where the owner painted the seats and door panels 2-tone. Looked great, but I'm skeptical about the durability.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:17 PM
chopperzen
Veteran

As of now, I am just painting the exterior door handles. I have thought about painting the top section of the interior doors, but I'm just not sure if I want to do that. However, I have painted the lock/window control plates and the plastic around the CD player and climate controls. I can post pics of that and I will post pics of the handles when I put them on tomorrow. I have to clear coat them today..

Quick Reply: Door Handle removal