3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

IPOD Integration for Infinity (RAQ)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 02:17 PM
MyFirstDodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IPOD Integration for Infinity (RAQ)

I've had my 07 Ram for 2 months now without being able to hook my ipod to it due to the in dash 6-cd changer. So I go and search on EBAY yesterday to see if any of the audio companies have dropped their integration units yet, and come to find out; Peripheral Electronics supposedly has. I just thought some of you would like to know this, as I have been contacting stereo installation stores monthly to see if it had came out yet. I called to confirm with the biggest audio chain in Metro Detroit yesterday before purchasing, and they said that they did not know the part was out yet. Anyways, here is the ebay link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...158&rd=1,1

and here is the peripheral link:
http://www.peripheralelectronics.com..._App_Guide.pdf

Just thought I would let everybody know. I will be installing as soon as it comes on Friday. I've been trying to search on how to pull off the center console and radio, I remember seeing a thread somewhere on the subject but now can't find it. Any tips? If there is no write up I will figure it out and post one w/ pics.

Shaun

Old 06-14-2007, 01:52 PM
bigjrussell
Captain
Default RE: IPOD Integration for Infinity (RAQ)

Good find! This particular one won't work with my radio, but they have the link right there for the one that will! Glad to see the prices are finally dropping!

Can the iPod connector be disconnected from the box? I want to store my iPod in the center console (I have the center seat and giant arm rest) and if it couldn't be connected that would make that a big deal.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:04 PM
bigjrussell
Captain
Default RE: IPOD Integration for Infinity (RAQ)

Nevermind, huge let down. I won't be able to control the iPod with the kit they sell for the REF radio. Not worth it at all. Guess I'll have to keep waiting.

Quick Reply: IPOD Integration for Infinity (RAQ)