3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I hate thieves!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I hate thieves!!!

I'm assuming that you still have a full ride coverage insurance? If so make the call and they'll take care of the rest. You'll have to pay your comprehensive deductable but that's it. I know most of you are of the lower insurance rate and have hefty deductables but in the long run hefty deductables are probably cheaper but $0 deductables make repairing/replacing in situations like this a breeze.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:44 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: cr80renob

[:@] Why don't people just work for their sh#@?! When I lived in Glendale, Az my dad and I got back from riding the dirt bikes and we were so beat that we just threw the bikes in the garage and left the gear in his Yukon. The next morning we walk out to see the tailgate open just a little bit.... We walk closer and notice that all of our riding gear was gone! I was sooo mad, until the insurance company cut us a check and we were able to buy some NEW gear!!

Just think on the bright side..... They didn't break a window and steal the stuff inside.... Plus, you still have your truck!

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question.... but someone else will
why? because america is becoming more and more lazy, but all young people see is material **** on tv, and movies, and especially in their "music videos". and when their minimum wage job is buying the fancy rims they see some rapper with.. well they steal w/e they want or w/e will get money.

but to steal a bed liner.... wow... ive never heard that one. hope all works out for you

Old 05-29-2007, 07:49 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: HighDuke1911

alarms still wont do much. because i have asian friends who know how to undo the whole alarm system in any car or truck and can break in and steal the ride without a problem. oh, they can do it all without the alarm even sounding for a second! no chirp at all. alarms are only gonna work if the car/truck is right in front of your room where you can hear it. other than that, they are now all part of the "looks" and are a false sense of security.
The viper 771 qand 791 (sure more than that) have the two way pager and if the car is stolen they will pay your deductable. plus two way pager, even if you can not hear it from outside your pager will sound.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:37 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ORIGINAL: jimmydaleo

alarms still wont do much. because i have asian friends who know how to undo the whole alarm system in any car or truck and can break in and steal the ride without a problem. oh, they can do it all without the alarm even sounding for a second! no chirp at all. alarms are only gonna work if the car/truck is right in front of your room where you can hear it. other than that, they are now all part of the "looks" and are a false sense of security.
The viper 771 qand 791 (sure more than that) have the two way pager and if the car is stolen they will pay your deductable. plus two way pager, even if you can not hear it from outside your pager will sound.
thos totally slipped my mind... two way pagers. lol. yeah, those will help. but again, not 100% is what im tryna say. lol. but yeah, 2 ways are the best way to go. they can still get shut down by professionals.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:13 AM
Denniss66
Veteran

wow! im sorry dude! but theres been a lot of theft here in SD (im in OB) lately. im not surprised! i wish it was that easy to keep an eye out for some bedliner. there too many trucks here for me to look at and obviously they all look the same, the bedliner that is. thats just ridiculous that they are stealing bedliner now... see, id understand the spare or some **** like that... but the bedliner? holy moly guacamole!! is it insured? lol. because i think insurances can also cover mods done to the vehicle.
there stealing bed liners where you guys live. i had a bed liner for an S10 and i couldn't even give the thing away. i figured the first guy i would of seen with out a bed liner would of wanted it.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:32 PM
MEGAMAN2006
Amateur

I can understand you anger I have been tryin to sell a car for a few months on mothers-day I went let a guy look at it when I pulled up in the lot where I had it setting I noticed the drivers side fender was all smashed up well needless to say they guy backed out even though I came off the price $500. I could see the tire marks on the fender where the apparently huge tire ran over my car. It's a shame that people are so thoughtless that they could just do something like that and then drive away.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:50 PM
damquick1
Veteran

no no no...they stole his tailgate that had LINEX sprayed on it!

Old 05-31-2007, 01:20 AM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

I was wondering how they managed to remove the line X from the truck, lol. I was like I havemine rhino linesand it is not able to be removed.

Old 05-31-2007, 03:32 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

lol. yeah, we got it all twisted. it is the tailgate too. he added that later.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:44 AM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

This is a good alarm system

[IMG]local://upfiles/56817/FD4E3053486D4E5995D26621757A6732.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: I hate thieves!!!