3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

body lift

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 11:22 PM
fannitti
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default body lift

whats people take on a body lift and whats a good brand? ive been thinking about getting one.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker
Default RE: body lift

go old school and use some hockey pucks.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:38 AM
sharpshooter
Veteran

personally I have never had an issue with a body lift I think they give you alot of bang for the buck sorta speek, and performance accessories is a good brand

Old 06-04-2007, 05:30 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star

I have heard lots of issues with the body lift, maybe not so much if you are going to lift an inch, but more would start running you into issues. It seems like a cheap upgrade until you consider the cost of new brake lines, adjusting all the wiring so it won't pull, tranny relocation kits, bumper relocation kits (may not be legal in your state too), might need a slip yoke eliminator kit and differant driveshaft... I am probably missing a lot more then that. And if you are doing it for clearance for offroading, you are only gaining on the diameter of the tire you are going to be able to fit, it won't be raising your driveshafts or frame.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Phatboy
Professional

Performance Accessories is a good brand to go with, that comes with all required hardware. I have used their 3" kits on a couple of different trucks, including the 95 linked in my signature. The green 99 I didnt have long enough to put the extra height on. If it wasnt for my camper, I would have one on my 05. Done properly there is nothing wrong with a body lift. DONE PROPERLY. Check the one out in my sig and you can see what I mean.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:12 PM
sharpshooter
Veteran

ORIGINAL: FFMedic1479

I have heard lots of issues with the body lift, maybe not so much if you are going to lift an inch, but more would start running you into issues. It seems like a cheap upgrade until you consider the cost of new brake lines, adjusting all the wiring so it won't pull, tranny relocation kits, bumper relocation kits (may not be legal in your state too), might need a slip yoke eliminator kit and differant driveshaft... I am probably missing a lot more then that. And if you are doing it for clearance for offroading, you are only gaining on the diameter of the tire you are going to be able to fit, it won't be raising your driveshafts or frame.

with a body lift your not really messing with any of that stuff other than the bumbers, adding a steering extender and usually dropping your fan shroud...thats about it, I put one on my truck and didnt have to mess with the tranny, the driveshaft or anything outside of what I just listed, oh and fuel spout extender (or whatever that thing is called) if you buy a good kit you wont have any issues, if its put on right

Quick Reply: body lift