3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchip problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007 | 09:37 PM
Pirata
|
Champion
From: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Default Superchip problem

I copied the post I made on their forum as well as which I sent to one of their Tech's I had a Q&A session with yesterday about the web updates. For the record Pappy, I had no problem downloading their updates with my computer. Anyway, here's the copied text from their site:

I have owned my truck for 6 months, 2007 Dodge Ram. I installed my superchip yesterday. Today I went to start my truck at lunch and it would not start when I turned the key to the start position. It would not even turn over. I tried my remote starter and this worked to start my truck. I shut off my engine and tried to start and it started. Then I shut down my truck and tried to start it again. It started. I shifted to drive and it shut off. I moved my shifter to park and without touching the key it started all by itself. It shut down all by itself. It kept doing this a half a dozen times until I removed my key from the ignition. I still had my superchip in my truck and I reinstalled my stock program. It still would not start. I disconnected my battery to let my computer reset itself and after 10 minutes I reconnected and my truck started. I have not reinstalled my superchip.

Is this a random isolated incident with my superchip? Has this happened to anyone who tried the superchip in a 2007? If I reinstall the superchip should I disconnect my battery after I do the installation to reset my computer? Please let me know. I am way disappointed with my superchip finding it do something like this in the first 24 hours I have owned it.

So no one asks, Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4X4, 5.7L Hemi, Superchips Flashpaq 3815. I updated my flashpaq right before I installed it in my truck. The only updates the web site showed me were for the 2006 but when I shot this in an e-mail yesterday I was told by Ryan Morrison that it was fine to use the 2006 stuff for my 2007. There were 3 possible updates I was offered and I picked the last one which I don't remember what the update said or was called.

Old 06-13-2007 | 11:16 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star
Default RE: Superchip problem

Sounds like they havn't worked out all the kinks in the new programming yet. I obviously have the 05 version, and never had this kind of problem.

Old 06-14-2007 | 01:08 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

Wow, that is not good. Hope you get it worked out.

Old 06-14-2007 | 01:35 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

Hi Pirata,

Sorry I have been on the road and not able to access the Forums.
1st off I am sorry to hear your Truck had problems.
2nd I don't think they told you the truth about the 2006 vs 2007 stuff.

Here is the Most Current Verisions of the SC Flashpaq:

Firmware Version 1.11 - May 22, 2007
Added new vehicle files for 2007 5.7L Dodge Pickup

Firmware Version 1.10 - April 19, 2007
Adds additional support for DAQ1 & DAQ2 for 2004-2005

Firmware Version 1.09 - April 06, 2007
Updated support for vehicle programs

Firmware Version 1.08 - March 27, 2007
Updated support for Data Acquisition

Firmware Version 1.07 - August 01, 2006
Updated support for 2006-2007 vehicle programming

As you can seeVer 1.11is all about the 2007. So I'm gonna have tocall BS on what Ryan Morrison told you. If thatis the case then why are/were they Beta Testing the 3815 for 2007s and why even have updates only for the 2007? ... Things that make ya go Humm.

Any who like I saidSC tech supportain't to bright but they are personable.

I would make sure you have Ver 1.11 and try again. What worries me is you said you tried to program it back to stock and that didn't work. Maybe your Tuner ischeezed up on the Truck side.

Old 06-14-2007 | 02:45 AM
Hessmonster
Rookie

My two cents is you have a remote start. That is the problem. ALL my friends with remote start have had problems. Not so much with the starting like you have but with doors locking when there not supposed to. Might be worth checking. But then again it could be the flashpaq. Good luck

Old 06-14-2007 | 02:50 AM
darth_laidher
Professional

the doors are supose to lock when you remotely start it, it says it in the manual.

Old 06-14-2007 | 07:57 AM
djr04
All Star

If you want to try a true pcm reset, pull the pcm fuse in the fuse box (it'll be labeled). Then hop in the truck and hold the key to run until you hear two dings. Sorry to hear the programmer didn't work right, I would recommend trying one more time (update again and then try loading the program) after resetting the pcm. The performance will be worth the hassle, if the problem persists I would imagine there will be an update soon.

Old 06-14-2007 | 08:03 AM
Pirata
|
Champion
From: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning

Pappy, when I download updates from their site it says for a 2006 dodge ram and nothing about a 2007. I only see 3 possible downloads so if I am doing something wrong when it comes to downloading this could be an option. I open the download program and plug my flashpaq when it ctells me to. I select one of the downloads it has for me and thenunplug my flashpaq when it tells me to.

As far as a problem with my remote starter, I have been using my remote starter since it was installed by the dealer in December and have had no problems with it. I install a superchip and the next day I have problem with my truck starting. I could be merely coincidence but by the process of elimination it says change back to what you had before the problem and see if the problem still exists. It did until I reset my computer then it worked fine after that.

Old 06-14-2007 | 12:26 PM
indyskaboy

I have an '07 with version 1.11 installed.I was actually a beta tester. Call Superchips; they should get you running again.

Old 06-14-2007 | 12:45 PM
Gorky_Park

I have a remote start (factory), and never had such issue. I have had my SC for about 3-4 months now and only had some crap in the beginning, but I expected it since I was in the BETA team. Since then, no issues at all other than I'm pissed about not being able to switch rev limiter options and 1-2 and 2-3 WOT. But yeah it should not do that at all.
When I bring up my FlashPaq update utility, it DOES say 2007.

Quick Reply: Superchip problem