3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brush on bed liner

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 04:44 AM
ray97
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brush on bed liner

Looks good. I have to ask though.... What's with the USAF sticker Devil Dog???

Old 06-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HansonHVAC

wow pirata, that guy sounds like he could have used a good slap in the back of the head...
This true but it was so much more fun to watch.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:09 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion

ORIGINAL: John M

I've put it on another truck before. It looked pretty good -- certainly great for the money invested, but after seeing it about 2 years later I'd probably used a drop-in liner. It hasn't peeled but can be scratched off by dragging heavy things in the bed. The surface is kind of rough; moreso than the spray liners seem to be. I've touched it up using the spray-type bed liner material which makes for quick and easy maintenance.

After having this and a plastic liner, I'm sticking with the Mopar plastic liner in this truck. More convenient and will last the life of the truck. In 2001 I removed one from a 92 GMC truck that we bought new. The rest of the paint had peeled off the truck (GM paint issues of the era) but everything under the liner was shiny and new.
With the drop ins you have to consider where the person lives though. Down in georgia i'm sure its not a problem. But up in MN where they use an *** load of salt, that gets caught between the liner and bed and will start to rust it and y ou don't even realize it til the bed's half gone.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:35 AM
aka_chewy
All Star

My uncle threw some of that stuff on his truck. For the price it seems ok but I have noticed it does scratch pretty easy.

But up in MN where they use an *** load of salt, that gets caught between the liner and bed and will start to rust it and y ou don't even realize it til the bed's half gone.
My old truck had a drop in when I bought it and it looked terrible when I pulled the liner up, no way am I going to use one of those again unless it's placed over the spray in bedliner. Where about's in MN are you? I live just north of the outlet mall in Albertville.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:21 PM
damquick1
Veteran

I went with a BedRug, got it for $309 shipped to my door. took me 25 mins to unpack & install. Best $300 I have spent on my truck.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:09 PM
bryanp56

ORIGINAL: dhvaughan

it looks good. i've got a gallon of it, but i've been afraid to use it for fear of making an irreversable mess. if you crawl around yours on hands and knees, does it eat you up with sharp edges, or is it a semi-smooth texture like a line-x or rhino ?
Its kinda a rough texture, but it looks like it will last a long time. If you put it on, use gloves, and be careful not to get it anywhere you don`t want it, cause when it dries, its not coming off. besides, why would you crawl around your truck bed on your hands and knees?

Old 06-22-2007, 10:11 PM
bryanp56

ORIGINAL: ray97

Looks good. I have to ask though.... What's with the USAF sticker Devil Dog???
I was in both the USAF and the USMC.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:32 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

aka_chewy im about 15 miles north of rochester

Old 06-23-2007, 12:35 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: bryanp56
Its kinda a rough texture, but it looks like it will last a long time. If you put it on, use gloves, and be careful not to get it anywhere you don`t want it, cause when it dries, its not coming off. besides, why would you crawl around your truck bed on your hands and knees?
getting stuff in/out. camping - sleeping in truck. moving furniture. rolling/stacking BIG pieces of firewood.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:11 AM
FFMedic1479
All Star

I used this stuff twice... once on a old ranger and on my jeep... the ranger didn't work out too well, it peeled up. I attributed it to me being 17 and not as patient as I am now, no prep work. The jeep, it works great (ripped out all the flooring to bear metal so I can have drain holes to let water out... sometimes lets water in too). The roll on stuff works good (got high off the fumes I think) but the spray stuff made by the same company flaked right off.

Quick Reply: Brush on bed liner