3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Speakers/sub Box ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 04:29 AM
MeTaL
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers/sub Box ?

I was lookin into replacing the stock Infinity speakers with aftermarket ones, but I'm havin a bit of trouble tryin to figure out what size all the of them are. I have an '03 1500 Reg. Cab....I did find a website with some sizes but i'm not sure how accurate they were. It said that the rear were 5.25", the doors were 6.5" and the dash ones were 3.5". As far as I was aware, the dash ones were merely tweeters, but I could be mistaken.

I'm also tryin to find a subwoofer box that'll fit in a Reg. Cab (seems as if im only of only a hand full of people with a Reg Cab) I found one on ebay, but it only brought up another question....will 2 12" subs be overkill? I already have 2 Rockford Fosgate HX2's from my previous vechile and was hopin to re-use them (or atleast one of them).

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 07-01-2007, 05:17 AM
Night_Runner
Champion
Default RE: Speakers/sub Box ?

2 12s is not necessarily overkill, overkill to one may be perfect to another...it depends on what YOU want...i had 2 jl audio 12w3v2's in my reg cab ram...i wanted 2 12w6's but i didnt feel like having my seats moved up all the time...on the 3rd gen ram, i cant help you on speaker size, my ram was an 01...if i were you, i would go to a car audio shop and show them what they have to work with and have a custom box made...i had made one for my ram, bought a "custom" one off ebay, and then finally ditched that and had a custom one made for me and mine....there was no comparison...that way you can also tell them how you want the box (closed, ported, bandpass ect) and how you want everything mounted. i had 1 sub mounted behind the drivers seat and pass seat with the amp mounted in the box with the face flush centered between the subs...but save some money and just have them make the box....install everything yourself

also, i would highly recommend sound deadening your truck. it will not only reduce road/exterior noise drastically, but will improve the acoustics greatly

Old 07-01-2007, 05:40 AM
TraptuR
Rookie
Default RE: Speakers/sub Box ?

ive got 2- 12"s in my reg cab and yes its overkill. one is fine. or 2-8"s.

if i get around to it ill switch to 1 12.

Quick Reply: Speakers/sub Box ?