3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

- or + say it all relating to your Ram, lets improve the breed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 04:48 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default - or + say it all relating to your Ram, lets improve the breed.

I really like my 06 2500 Ram 5.7 6sp reg cab slt 4x4. I have owned my truck for over a year and I have not had any warenty issues. I'm ave. over 21 mpg high way with out MDS..

Prior to the Ram, I bled Ford blue, Than Iget tired of away's running out of blood. Thiers no doubt that the frame on the 1500 2500 ram is solid, but Dodge needs to improve their quality of body construction and paint, interior and dump the white faced gauges.

My truck is a worker, So my gripes do no not take away from the funtion of my rig, I did not buy my Ram for the looks, or for the hemi, but for the simplicety of a well bult truck.

I hate the key Fobs so much I have gone to a basic key with out the power door locks, Dodge shouldadd a seperate remote that is not built into the key, with the key fob in my pocket, I'm locking unlocking the doors every time my keys move inside my pocket.

Why I bought a SLT for a work truck, I don't know, But othier wise my 2500 with the hemi is a strong performing packae, It's not built for drag racing, and it's really to big to go off raod with out worrying abought wrecking the paint, highly capable off road, I have never failed to get to were I wanted go.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:36 PM
NJMandCEM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: - or + say it all relating to your Ram, lets improve the breed.

With out MDS? howd you do that?

Old 07-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree on the key issue. The Army PT uniform has a small pocket to use for your ID card and or your keys. One key, maybe two will fit in that pocket so with the huge dodge key I am forced to remove my key every day during PT.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:42 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I factery Orderd my 062500, I was told my the dealer 2500 don't have mds on the 5.7, ok with me, and I wanted the six sp standard trans, I don't know how MDS really works, but I really doubt mds could work with a tandard trans.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:55 PM
nuttyprofessor
Rookie

+ ives: looks really cool, handles fairly well for a large truck, plenty of power with the Hemi, interior is simple and functional, asthetically the best looking truck on the market

- ives: weak trans (auto is really sloppy), doesn't handlethe forever pothole ridden NJ roads to well (feels to loose), lumbar seat adjuster is poorly engineered...only 22k on my truck and it's broken

So far I like my truck, however I just recently had to take it to the dealer for a warranty issue...check engine light came on...didn't bother to check it let the dealer.

A co-workers 04 Dodge Ram is on it's second computer and had a tran yngo under warranty (don't know mileage)

Old 07-01-2007, 09:12 PM
pakaalbite
Professional

+ ives- looks, width, sound with 40series dumped, and the optional HEMI
-ives- cheap interior plastic, gas mileage(and i know, its not supposed to get honda like mileage), chrome sheathing, cheap door handles/mirrors, new tundra is higher in BHP, tranny
Overall- Great truck but could use some cosmetic/interior updates and needs a new tranny

Old 07-01-2007, 10:21 PM
CMA
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Postives: Great looks, the best looking full sized truck period. Quicker than most cars. Sits high in traffic, plenty of power with hemi. I really like the thunderroad package with 20" wheels and 3.55. LSD works well powering through a turn. Power drivers seating is nice. Rear seats in QC are big enough for adults, fold flat floor is a great idea. Price (at 6K under invoice its 10K less than Toyotas new Tundra.). Overhead trip computer. Length of short bed at 6'3" is the only truck besides toyota to have a bed big enough for my shifter go-kart.. Interior design is functional and spacious, need the bench seating. The factory tint on rears is nice, rear power window. Handles well for a truck. Lots of paint schemes and appearance options to let you customize. Did I say price?

OK: Milage is better than I though, can get 21-22 on the right highways with 4x2 hemi. MDS is pretty cool because it saves alot of gas when coasting down hills.

Negatives: Could add a locking rear liftgate, maybe make it remote. Paint has a bit too much orange peel. My truck has a little bit of whine when cruising at 45mph at only 800mi. I am worried about reliability.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:57 AM
FFMedic1479
All Star

Positive: Best looking trucks on the road. Takes a beating and beats back. Quick truck, especially for a 3/4 ton. Nice interior, built in storage under the rear seats.

Negative: Paint. Paint. Paint. Scratches if the wind blows too hard, orange peel, swirl marks. I hate swirl marks. Interior plastic scratches easily too.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:59 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

I want a decoder ring

Old 07-02-2007, 03:02 AM
hemiman123456
Veteran

i think we all agree that we need locking tailgates.....make em standard and it would be great....

Quick Reply: - or + say it all relating to your Ram, lets improve the breed.