3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

stereo help

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 09:23 PM
justme06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stereo help

ok, first, i installed all new speakers with stock headunit about a couple of week ago. after installation, i found out that the passanger side front speaker got not sound, i switch it with other speaker, stock and no sound either.

well, i though maybe the headunit is shot. so today, i got me a new headunit and after the installation, same thing happen. no sound from the passanger side speaker. is the wiring mess out? how could it be?

i didnt notice it before upgrade the speaker, should have pay attention but i didnt.

what should i do? should i rewire the wire from the headunit to the passanger side speaker? how hard to do it?

also, i got bazooka box w amp built in it, i think bta6100. how do i hook em up?? do i run a wire from battery directly? if so, dont the amp will drain the battery down?

i m on the budget so my headunit is pioneer deh1900mp, and the speakers are polk audio 650 and 690

last thing, stock stereo SUCK!!!

please do help me. thanks[/align][/align]

Old 07-12-2007, 10:26 PM
chadmech28
Professional
Default RE: stereo help

If you have no sound from just the one speaker, it's probally a broken wire inside the rubber that take the harness from the cab to the door. This is a pretty common problem. I would just run new wires from the deck to the speakers. There is room to accually put them threw the connector inside of that boot, if you want to make it neat. hope this helps

Old 07-12-2007, 10:34 PM
casper3380
Veteran

the system sounds good. chad is right, sounds like a broken wire. Good choice on the speakers too. As for the sub. It will either have the option of remote turn on or sensor. Run patch cables to the sub and include the turn on lead and yoiur set, will turn on when the deck does. should sound great when you are done. good luck m8
casper

Old 07-12-2007, 10:45 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star

If you are going to run new speaker wire, now is a good time (if you got the funds) to go to components and a 4 channel amp. I would hate to do it twice.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:52 PM
justme06

finally trace down my problem. the pin on the speaker connector broken off.

got it fixed and damm, i love it. i m not hardcore but the sound from the aftermarket HU and speakers do ROCK the whole truck. also hooked up the bazooka and now i got bass

thanks

Old 07-14-2007, 02:19 PM
slapshot12
Professional

I agree with the masses, the stock stereo was terrible. I replaced mine with a new Pioner Premier, 4 new speakers, and a 4 channel amp. I'm not into truck thumping bass and just wanted a clear, crisp sound. I definately got it with this set up. Having direct connect for Sirius instead of the FM makes a huge difference as well. My favorite new toy is having control of the iPod right on the headunit and remote.

Quick Reply: stereo help