3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Vibration/Rumbling ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 05:55 PM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Vibration/Rumbling ?

I guess that is why my dealer had me road test my truck on the highway as soon as it was delivered from the factory before I signed the final paper work. No vibration on this one. Red

Old 07-26-2007, 06:00 PM
masonman85
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 06 1500 trx4 hemi, and i noticed my passenger seats vibrates like crazy on the highway, i just thought my wheels needed balancing...and i'm over my bumper to bumper waranty just my powetrain left i dont know if they will even care if i bring it in. plus i noticed the bad shake in my steering wheel...well not bad but annoying

Old 07-26-2007, 09:29 PM
chadmech28
Professional

brianas, With regards to the tsb that the dealer says doesn't apply. The bushings that are in the control arms are to soft causing the suspension to bounce alot. I have personally done this tsb for your problem along with road force balancing the tire and rims and the problem was almost gone. I didn't own this truck butI drove it on the highway at 65 mph andI couldn't stand the vibration. If this was my truck I would leave it there until this issue was resolved. I hope this helps this is an issue that Chrysler is aware and this is not going to go away.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

Ok guys, do a little research and educate yer-selves before hammering ol Chadmech..

This is a great TSB link use it...
http://dodgeram.info/tsb/index.html

brianas your dealer just lied to you plain and simple. I'd be a little miffed about that.

TSB 02-001-07 REV. A
Models: 2006 - 2007 (DR) Ram Truck (1500)

NOTE: This bulletin applies to 4x2 and 4x4 light duty (1500 model) vehicles built on or before November 27, 2006 (MDH 1127XX).

I suggest to anyone if you are taking your truck in to the dealer, have the TSB printed out and ready to hand it to them, think of it as your very own personal BS repellant.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:02 PM
brianas
Professional

do you think I can just order those bushings, andhave my buddy install them when
he does the front struts(ranch rs9000x) ? he works at a Ford/Dodge dealer

im just tired of calmly going back and forth with these service writers, and just plain dont
have the time to keep aranging drop offs/pick ups.

also, I wasnt "hammering ol Chadmech" --just posting my results, and i do certainly apreciate his info.

i bet he would have my truck squared away a driving great , in short couple hours.
but i realize the dealers have all these steps the must take to insure they get paid for
any warranty work.

thanks
Josh

Old 08-03-2007, 06:42 PM
brianas
Professional

do i have to go to the dealer to get these bushings?
i cant find them on dodgeparts.com

thanks
Josh

Old 08-03-2007, 07:56 PM
breznstormsback

GOOD VIBRATIONS,,,,,isnt what id call it,,,,,if i had a rich family,,id drive that ram right up the dealerships well you know,,,im a stocky country guy running landscaping business,i mention stocky,cause,im tired of my jaws and eyes vibrating while driving down the road,did i add,,,,,i havent made my first payment yet,,,,,and i owned an 02 ram,i absolutely loved,thus buying this one that looked identical to it,they located it for me,so i bought it without driving it,my big mistake,but they assured me it was identical to my other one,so much for trusting the dealership in your home town you grew up with,and for them,its been in 4 times,once to fix the tail light i kept hitting to make work,and 3 times for vibration,and they told me dodge says, and i quote,,,,,its the nature of the beast,,,,dealership wont help me,and dodge says if dealership says it rides as suppose to,then nothing they can do,its a conspiracy to save them money,my next step is an investigative reporter for tv,and hopefully all the way to world news at night,,,,,im sick of the run around and being lied to and made to feel like im stupid,and they also told me,to remember,i bought a truck its going to ride like a truck,i know the difference between a pothole,and a lemon,,,,i got the lemon

Quick Reply: Vibration/Rumbling ?