3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

04 Ram Headers and Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Im3Good4U
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Ram Headers and Exhaust

I know there is a sticky related to this subject but it had alot of random info.
I considering adding a full blown exhaust from headers to true duals. A muffler shop around my house said they don't recommend it because i will have probs with my computer engine light. They said andI quote "you will need a computer genius after the install to get your car running fine." Does not sound true to me and i was considering installing the headers my self and having a shop finish the tubing.
Most importantly let me know if this could be done w/ or without probs.
Then please recommend what brand headers and mufflers give good HP gains.
By the way im new to this forum as i have bought my first Dodge truck just about 2 months ago. My name is Richie and im from Miami, Florida.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Night_Runner
Champion
Default RE: 04 Ram Headers and Exhaust

as for headers, idk if this brand makes them for your truck, but hooker headers are really good...as for exhaust, everyone is going to say flowmaster or gibson or magnaflow ect...they are all GREAT and just about anything will flow a lot better than stock. there i snothing wrong with those, butif you want to stand out with a different sound that you dont hear everyday, most definately go with corsa or borla...like i said, nothing wrong with those brands at all, but many would agree with me that corsa and borla have a very distinct sound, and the 2 are very different.... considering you want true duels i would assume you want it loud so go with corsa. borla is quieter...both have very distinct sounds. i would suggest just buying the muffler and tip and having the muffler shop use their own piping though.

you will pay more for corsa and borla however, but you most definately will not regret it...many people will say they dont like borla, and most reasons are because they are quiet at idle, are harder to get a hold of and price....reasons people dont like corsa are pretty much the same except corsa isnt nearly as quiet as borla...both have little cab drone

www.corsaperf.com
www.borla.com

Old 07-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Im3Good4U
Rookie

Thanks for the info and I agree about the hooker headers because i had them on my trans am.
Does any one know about sensor or computer problems after changing headers??

Old 07-19-2007, 05:46 PM
clintmiester2

I think the guy at the muffler shop is just lazy, its a lot of work to do a full exhaust. You will need to reset your computer as you should for any modifications so the computer can recognize them. Reseting the computer is as easy as removing the battery cable and a few other things, I cant remeber off the top of my head, but i know the new dodges are different then older cars. But you can deffinently do it with out any problems.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: Im3Good4U

Thanks for the info and I agree about the hooker headers because i had them on my trans am.
Does any one know about sensor or computer problems after changing headers??
t/a huh? nice to see another fbody member...i have a 93 firehawk...9,000 orig miles..check it out
http://www.fquick.com/garages/Pontia...hawk/1993/313/

Old 07-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Im3Good4U
Rookie

Thanks clintmiester2 that sounds a little more logical than what the guy explained. I'm definitely going to shop around but I just wanted some insight on the computer stuff.
Any one else have any experience with headers?
NightRunner I took a look at your Firehawkand its beautiful man. 9k original miles thats incredible. I actually had 94 Formula and although i love the car it would give me a new problem every month.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:36 AM
Hemi_Delux

i just put long tube headers on 07 1500 5.7 hemi
works and sound graet

Quick Reply: 04 Ram Headers and Exhaust