3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

You think the Ram Power Wagon is gonna change...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004 | 10:22 PM
monsta
Default You think the Ram Power Wagon is gonna change...

...the off-road market place?

it has the best factory features in a Off-Road built truck; Period. No silly stickers, branded shocks and a cheap skidplate passing themselves off as Off-Road worthy.

Some folks I talk to say it won't sell. I think it will and will help to change the Off-Road truck options from other manufacturers. Which that competition will help all of us consumers out there.

What do you think?

Will it sell?

Do you think it's an important truck for the truck "world" out there?

Or is it just a marketing gimmic that won't work?

Old 10-10-2004 | 01:33 AM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: You think the Ram Power Wagon is gonna change...

No, I dont think it will sell that good. With all its factory features I doubt the average person would be able to afford it. Another issue that may become a problem is gas milage. If its an offroad vehicle I doubt its going to get a good gas milage rating.

-Matt-

Old 10-10-2004 | 10:22 AM
moparturd
Banned

They sold the last Ram off-road model and this one will sell too. Unlike the brand-X trucks, the Ram has beefy suspension and useful underpinnings to get the job done. They sell all they want considering the sucess of current Ram.

[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 10-10-2004 | 07:18 PM
drtelco
Professional

It will sell in limited numbers...with gasoline quickly approaching $2.50 a gallon for regular unleaded, the fuel cost alone will scare off most of the buyers. Most people will never need the full capabilities so why spend the extra money?

Old 10-10-2004 | 08:12 PM
monsta

They sell all they want considering the sucess of current Ram.
Not too sure about the current success of the Ram. They have well over 100 days supply, where Chevy and Ford are under 80. That means the other two are selling a whole lot more trucks.

Rebates here in HI are over 8000K for the Ram.

Quick Reply: You think the Ram Power Wagon is gonna change...