3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stickers...Wax... Paint....

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 12:17 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stickers...Wax... Paint....

Out of curiousity.... I'm in lookin at decals for my truck and am not sure if they will stay on the truck... i just waxed it a couple weeks ago... and not sure if i need to remove the wax.... If i don't great... if i do what do i use to remove the wax? What do you guys think?

Old 07-21-2007, 12:48 PM
OneBadKota
All Star
Default RE: Stickers...Wax... Paint....

I took the Liquid Clay bar to mine and got the wax out. Sprayed it off, wiped it dry and applied the decal been good so far.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:17 PM
OldMoparMan
Veteran

The easiest way to remove wax from your truck is to wash the truck/area with household dish detergent. Takes it right off.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...oose1999/4.jpg

Old 07-21-2007, 08:01 PM
slapshot12
Professional

I would definately remove the wax BEFORE putting any stickers on. You could simply use mineral spirits to completely clean theparticular areaand then wipe it down with a towel. After all of the stickers are on, rewax it. Some waxes/polishes are easier to remove than others. If you use basic carnuba wax then dish soap will remove much of it. However, if you use anything like Zaino, it will take a few washes with dish soap to remove it.

If it were me, I'd clean the exact area with mineral spirits and then rewax. That way you aren't stripping all the wax.

Quick Reply: Stickers...Wax... Paint....