3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

a/c, defrosters, temp not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 08:46 AM
eaker02
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c, defrosters, temp not working

Hi all,
2004 dodge Ram 1500 quad cab.
Installed Sirius lastnight. to install had to pull the bezel to get to the radio,unplugged the cig lighter, fan control, a/c and the plug that switches from floor to defrost to vent, and the plug for a/c. redefrostetc.
Plugged everything backup after installing the 10 pin connector for Sirius.
This morning found that the a/c , the switch to swap from defrost to floor to vent is not working, the fan speed works, but not the other things..
Any ideas? I did notdisconnect the negtive cable from the battery. (forgot once I started).
if it's a fuse, where is the fuse box? doI need to unplug the battery cable and reset anything? Can't believe I've never needed to get to the fuses
Thanks
Ron

Old 07-24-2007, 11:22 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Default RE: a/c, defrosters, temp not working

first i'd pull that center panel back off and make sure nothing came back un hooked. When i did my stereo my A/c wires came back out of the plug on the back of the control. Must not have pushed them back in all the way even though i thought i did. If it is still connected look for any kind of damage to any wires or the back of the control, then check your fuses if your still not finding anything.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:48 PM
eaker02

Your excatly right. It was the plug.. Pulled the bezel out at lunch and the connector was just laying there.. Swore I pushed it in all the way.. oh well.
Thanks and appreicate the tip.
Ron

Old 07-24-2007, 04:54 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

yeah thats the same exact thing i did

Quick Reply: a/c, defrosters, temp not working