3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A Few New Additions

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Few New Additions

ORIGINAL: HansonHVAC

you have to reach behind the bumper brackets, i got pissed and just cut the valance around them, then used a channel lock and broke the bolts.
No matter how ya did it, it looks kick ****!

P.S. Channel Locks f***in Rule.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:59 PM
TReX5.7
Professional

ORIGINAL: HansonHVAC

you have to reach behind the bumper brackets, i got pissed and just cut the valance around them, then used a channel lock and broke the bolts.
I was ready to do the same thing until I found some flex head sockets to get in there. Took a minute but those are the only way your going to get those bolts off.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:27 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

haha yeah but i didnt have enough time or patience to go get some flex head sockets, i saw the tin snips and channel locks laying in my tool box and immediately started that goofy grin

Old 07-27-2007, 12:43 AM
04crimsonfury
Rookie

After my first post here, I went back out andmoved the fog lights out of the way, but Istill couldn't see ****. Also, my ram is sport, are they any different from the chrome bumper valances? It seems like it is molded to the bumper. Imgonnatake it off for now and put it back on after paint so I don't want to break or snip anything, I guess I'll have to look for flex bolts to "barrow" from autozone and try again.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:00 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion

yeah i guess i didnt think of that. I believe that the sport bumpers attatch differently, i actually think i saw a conversion kit on a website so you can bolt up a sport bumper to a non-sport truck now that i think of it.

Quick Reply: A Few New Additions