3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

gonna be moddin

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Hellbilly1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gonna be moddin

so i finally talked the wifey into my headers and well it turns out we have some extra money layin around and i talked her into a cam so hey well you cant beat that i guess i am gonna go with comp most likely would like some input on how big or what to stay away from since i have really messed with cams before thanks..

http://www.compperformancegroupstore...y_Code=EFIHEMI

if i was goin to use this would i have replace much else inside or just use whats stock

Old 07-27-2007, 02:54 PM
motorider228
Champion
Default RE: gonna be moddin

You should go ask this question on dodge truck world in the hemi section. Those guys are more into performance than the guys over here for the most part. I'm glad to see you are not going with the 6.1 cam as there are better cams out there than that cam. To be safe with the cam swap you should replace the valve springs and pushrods as well. Also, some cams require custom tuning with an smt-6 so ask around on dodgetruckworld and find out which cams do not require tuning.

What headers are you going with?

Old 07-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Hellbilly1
Veteran

mostly likely pacesetter long tubes dodgetruckworld huh ill give it a try thanks

Old 07-27-2007, 03:35 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Same route I'm taking. I've just ordered the Pacesetter LT's, I'm gonna send them to a local shop for ceramic coating (I've seen their work). Then the cams, which are going to be KRC210 +4 A special grind that produces tons of torque with almost no top end loss. As I have a QC 4x4 I'm looking more for diesel like torque than corvette like top end...
This cam also is supposed to get along well with the Superchips and not require a custom tune. Other than the normal items to go along with the cam (springs, retainers, etc.) it requires nothing extra, except a fuel controller if I want to run the Superchips "performance" tune w/o the chance of popping lean codes...

Old 07-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Hellbilly1
Veteran

see i was sittin there thinkin i wanted a sleeper 4x4 then i got thinkin whats the fun in having a cam if you cant hear it and me i am partial to hearin the lope ofa big ****in cam anyways that was my thought so your just doin the springs and retainers not the pushrods??

Old 07-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Hellbilly1
Veteran

anyone else have opinions

Old 07-27-2007, 10:09 PM
casper3380
Veteran

does the hemi use roller lifters and rockers? if not will need to replace the lifters atleast. How much fun is gonna be to change out the cam bearings. I havent had a chance to look. how much space is there in the back by the firewall? Good luck m8 and let us know how she does with the new cam.

Quick Reply: gonna be moddin