3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new lifetime powertrain warranty??

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 12:56 AM
jackalbite
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new lifetime powertrain warranty??

i was up in Mexico, Missouri this pas weekend visiting my parents and i stopped in a dodge stealership..
the salesman i talked to thught that although the lifetime warranty is going to bring in more initial sales, he questioned its worth in the long run however. he does not feel that it will be a good financial decision for diamler benz because of their questionable durability. now dont get me wrong i love dodge just as much as any of you on here, im just kinda seein where this guy is comin from. especially after all the tranny problems ive had with my 2005 RCSB 4.7. my friend paka however completely disagrees and thinks it is the best thing since the introduction of the ram.

how do you guys feel about the new warranty?

Old 07-28-2007, 01:08 AM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: new lifetime powertrain warranty??

Benz doesnt own Chrysler anymore. Cerberus corpdoes. Benz retained 20% of Chrysler due to joint projects.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:43 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion

Maybe this will give them the jump start they need to build a better tranny to begin with...

Old 07-28-2007, 02:01 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Horseapples

Benz doesnt own Chrysler anymore. Cerberus corpdoes. Benz retained 20% of Chrysler due to joint projects.
It's chris56 man he just changed his name to Jackalbite

Old 07-28-2007, 10:15 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

Toyota has a lifetime powertrain warranty too. I just don't know who came up with it first. I heard about the Dodge first because of the forum, but I saw a commercial last night that now Toyota has it too. Looks good for the consumer either way.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker

Yea, I know, but as long as hes not being a complete *** wipe I am willing to forgive and forget. Or nuke him till he glows, either way I am happy![sm=violent053.gif]

Old 07-28-2007, 01:14 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: L and R Two

Toyota has a lifetime powertrain warranty too. I just don't know who came up with it first. I heard about the Dodge first because of the forum, but I saw a commercial last night that now Toyota has it too. Looks good for the consumer either way.
Than they need to update their website, still showing 60 month/60K milepowertrain.

ORIGINAL: jackalbite
the salesman i talked to thught that although the lifetime warranty is going to bring in more initial sales, he questioned its worth in the long run however. he does not feel that it will be a good financial decision for diamler benz because of their questionable durability.
When I first heard this, I thought the same thing. However, since its only applicable to the first owner, and not everyone keeps their vehicles from when they bought them brand new until their 20 year old rust buckets about ready to fall apart (rather, keep them about 3-5 years, and dump them because they "need something newer"), I don't think this will seriously come back to bite Chrysler in the butt, not too bad at least.
Now, if they offered this in the early 1990's on the 4-speed autos in the cars and mini-vans, Chrysler would have went bankrput immediatly.

Quick Reply: new lifetime powertrain warranty??