3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

stereo trouble

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 04:13 PM
jshelto3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stereo trouble

My 02 ram came with the infiniti system in it. With the stock headunit in, I began to have trouble. I would not getany sound after turning the truck off then back on. After doing a little reading on here and speaking with several friends, it seems the stock amp is on the fritz. I went and spoke to a professional at an audio shop about what is going on and he gave me two options. I can either send off the amp to be repaired or I can put in a pioneer deck I have lying around and bypass the amp. The catch is if I bypass the amp, he is telling me I need to replace the at least the dash and front door speakers. Apparantly the ohm rating on the speakers will not go well with the pioneer deck. He told me the speakers are rated at 2ohm's and they need to be at 4ohm's. I am afraid that I am being screwed over here. If anybody who has a better understanding on what is going on and what I can do, it would be much appreciated. Thank ya'll very much in advance.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:28 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain
Default RE: stereo trouble

Not sure what to say.... I've replaced stereos in my cars and truck and never changed speakers... i just know the higherend stereo with stock speakers sound like crap when you turn it up too loud...

Old 08-04-2007, 07:12 PM
casper3380
Veteran

the speakers in most factory systems like that are usually two ohms. That way they can get a good out put from a small amplifier. You would be best to replace the factory speakers anyway, better sound and newer material. Aftermartket amps can usually handle 2 ohm speakers, but would be WAY too much power for them to handle. I would just put the pioneer in and replace the door and dash speakers, will sound better for sure. hope this helps.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:13 AM
ttuguy1983
Veteran

the dodge factory decks are crap. i had two different ones installed when i first got the truck. i knew i was going to pull it out in a couple weeks, but i wanted to enjoy my cd's in the mean time. i have the last one that was installed in a box. used it for 2 weeks tops. its in the big plastic box ith the rest of my stock parts.

Quick Reply: stereo trouble