3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Chrome bumper to Sport bumper

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 08:27 PM
soccerman918
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome bumper to Sport bumper

Quick question for everybody. It has probably been asked 1012 times, but I'm gonna throw it out there anyway. I have an 05 Ram 1500 SLT. I want to switch out my chrome bumper for a black painted bumper to match my truck (front and rear). Will the sport bumpers bolt directly on the my SLT, or will I need any extra hardware? Thanks for the help!

Old 08-06-2007, 08:53 PM
muscleman320
Professional
Default RE: Chrome bumper to Sport bumper

i think they will, as you can see in my profile pic i had it done, i ahd a wreck a little after i got it and i told the guys fixin it if it was any extra to got that bumper and they said no and they put it on for me so it must be pretty simple because i didn't get any extra charge, your fog lights is the only thing.. IF you have them make sure the bumber you get has the cut out in it

Old 08-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Foiled
Veteran

As long as you have the complete bumper then it will bolt on.

They sell it in parts. The cover and there is a steel frame that is behind the cover.

If you are asking if you can buy the Sport cover and it will fit over your chrome bumper? The answer is no.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:57 AM
djr04
All Star

I've seen on another forum that guy claimed to be able to stick the 06 sport cover directly onto the 06 bumper. He claimed he didn't need to do any modifications, but others seem to say a bit of cutting may be required. Otherwise you need to buy the entire bumper/bracket/cover parts.

Quick Reply: Chrome bumper to Sport bumper