3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rancho Quick Lift??? Anybody use them?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 01:08 PM
nuckingfuts22
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho Quick Lift??? Anybody use them?

Ok I am looking for a nice small lift. I hear the Rancho Quick lift is a really good one and its a lot better than a strut spacer. Any body used this yet???

Old 08-07-2007, 02:02 PM
motorhead426
All Star
Default RE: Rancho Quick Lift??? Anybody use them?

Is this a lift that re-adjusts the torsion bars? I have a 2005 with the torsion bar keys, and I'd never recommend anotherone to anyone else. The reason I'm not sure is because I thought that some of the 1500 came with solid front axles (Mega-Cab)?
If you are talking about the torsion bar lift here is why I do not like them. First it nearly maxes out your upper ball joint angles, to the point where the grease boots either tear open, or on an aftermarket joint you can't get the boot to seal. Secondly, you pretty much have no choice but to buy longer shocks. The problem with longer shocks is that the longer shocks allow the bottom of the CV shaft boot to contact the lower conrtol arm when fully dropped (i.e. on a hoist or offroading). I have already replaced my left shaft, and the right looks to be on its way out as well.
Thats just my $.02

Old 08-07-2007, 02:17 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: motorhead426

Is this a lift that re-adjusts the torsion bars? I have a 2005 with the torsion bar keys, and I'd never recommend anotherone to anyone else. The reason I'm not sure is because I thought that some of the 1500 came with solid front axles (Mega-Cab)?
If you are talking about the torsion bar lift here is why I do not like them. First it nearly maxes out your upper ball joint angles, to the point where the grease boots either tear open, or on an aftermarket joint you can't get the boot to seal. Secondly, you pretty much have no choice but to buy longer shocks. The problem with longer shocks is that the longer shocks allow the bottom of the CV shaft boot to contact the lower conrtol arm when fully dropped (i.e. on a hoist or offroading). I have already replaced my left shaft, and the right looks to be on its way out as well.

He doesn't have Torsion Bars, '06 was the first year they went to Coil Overs in the front. And yes, I agree with you, I don't like the T-Bar crank or T-key methods, the only really goodway for us to raiseour truck and level the front is with a suspension lift, that's why I went that route.

NuckingFuts, as you have coil over's, you have a few different options. Coil Spacers are the cheapest, but from what I'm hearing, not many are really happy after they have gotten them. Next up the list is a Rancho Quicklift, and I have not heard of anybody that wasn't pleased after they got them. Every review I've read on them, both online and in magazines have given them a pretty big thimbs up...

Old 08-07-2007, 02:21 PM
baltech

Will they solve the problem of axle shaft cv joint angles.that cause vibration in 4wd?

Old 08-12-2007, 12:30 PM
nuckingfuts22
Professional

Baltech from what I have been reading there is not an issue with that on the quick lift. I have been seeing some pretty good reviews to but I wanted to ask some of the guys on here first because we all know a Dodge owner knows there truck better than a group of guys testing out products on a bunch of stuff at one time. Thanks for the feedback HammerZ71! I guess I know where I am going to start looking once I get the money up.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:49 PM
nuckingfuts22
Professional

Any body else?

Old 09-21-2007, 08:53 PM
baltech

anyone have this kit installed?

Old 01-29-2010, 07:12 AM
hokunahooikaika

i have a 2" spacer made by top gun cuztomz. when i was looking to buy there were a fair amount of people saying that they were having the "death wobble" after installation and some had no complaints at all. luckliy i havent had any issues due in part i think is because i installed everything myself and double checked everything, however you still run that risk because people are experiencing problems.

Quick Reply: Rancho Quick Lift??? Anybody use them?